GuildAero

Sets for modellers with wider tastes...

I was talking with my chum for whom I do the occasional master just to keep the old eye in, etc. and although he is chiefly a slot car guy, he is getting a bit peed off with that side of things and we started talking about doing aircraft, big scale as we both like the same kinds of kite.  So I suggested boxed sets.....1/32nd scale aircraft, say Chiltern DW1, 1/32nd scale car, say AC Aceca Coupe, 1/32nd scale raffish chap in cravat, even a 1/32nd faithful hound waiting on a leash, the other end held by some tasty lady with 50s pointy bra and a head scarf.

The cars would be resin, but that size of aircraft, probably vac-formed, but into female moulds rather than over male patterns.

We already have AC Ace, Ace Competition, Aceca, Austin 7 Ulster and an Invicta S-type almost done. No aircraft yet as it's an idea we're currently throwing around.

Any takers?

Cheers,

Martin

Posted (edited)

How about a Tiger Moth and an Austin Seven, or similar? Yes please Martin!  Or perhaps even better still, an MGB and Rapide!
Max

Edited by mozart

Max, I missed your response, sorry.  Matchbox do the Tiger Moth.  Hubert still has to get the Dragon Rapide into production...sometime...MGB is made by Airfix and still available.

Martin

2 hours ago, GuildAero said:

Max, I missed your response, sorry.  Matchbox do the Tiger Moth.  Hubert still has to get the Dragon Rapide into production...sometime...MGB is made by Airfix and still available.

Martin

Yes, I was slightly playing the devil's advocate regarding the Rapide Martin!  What a model that will be!! 

Posted (edited)

Oh it would, Max, it would, but Hubert has a lot on his plate currently, so all we can do is wish him well and hope it goes into production soon. I understand he has broken the fuselage. I've offered to repair it, but heard nothing on that score.

My colleague does a Land Rover or two in 32nd scale. No Jeeps as they're all done to death by the cowpoo cammo and broken walls brigade.

Martin

Edited by GuildAero

Repairs of the fuselage under way. Should be ok :) . A small piece of one window-frame was lost, and I just need to redo this one.

But yes, I have plenty of my plate, and I have had for some time, and I have to ponder how I will have this one come to market sooner rather than later :hmmm:

Hubert

Well for a mysterious reason nobody has ever released a good jeep in 1/32 scale. The die cast jeeps just look like toys with thick details and generally inaccurate wheels. Considering the incredible diorama possibilities of the topic I have yet to understand why there are so many 1/32 vehicles but not a jeep! Weird to say the least. This must be an illuminati-based conspiracy...

Illuminati in modelmaking??  Great, that's all we need, eh?

I think it's because of the nearness to 1/35th scale that nobody has done one in 32nd. That old saw of model disciplines never crossing over or talking to each other. If you think about it, the response generally to my OP was hardly beating my door down.  I once did a Jeep pattern for Hart Models (Hartley Wintney) in 1/48th scale, but I don't know if they still exist. It had a gun trailer with it as I recall.  Then I did a desert version for them as well as a "Jimmy 2 1/2".  It's not like reference is difficult. There must be a bloke with a JEEP tucked away in every conurbation in the land.

Hubert, offer still stands to repair the fuselage for you, no charge of course.  Send it back with the etchings<G>

Cheers,

Martin

On 7/19/2018 at 10:18 AM, LSP_Mike said:

How about a 1/32 Jeep?

10 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Well for a mysterious reason nobody has ever released a good jeep in 1/32 scale. The die cast jeeps just look like toys with thick details and generally inaccurate wheels. Considering the incredible diorama possibilities of the topic I have yet to understand why there are so many 1/32 vehicles but not a jeep! Weird to say the least. This must be an illuminati-based conspiracy...

8 hours ago, GuildAero said:

Illuminati in modelmaking??  Great, that's all we need, eh?

I think it's because of the nearness to 1/35th scale that nobody has done one in 32nd. That old saw of model disciplines never crossing over or talking to each other. If you think about it, the response generally to my OP was hardly beating my door down.  I once did a Jeep pattern for Hart Models (Hartley Wintney) in 1/48th scale, but I don't know if they still exist. It had a gun trailer with it as I recall.  Then I did a desert version for them as well as a "Jimmy 2 1/2".  It's not like reference is difficult. There must be a bloke with a JEEP tucked away in every conurbation in the land.

Hubert, offer still stands to repair the fuselage for you, no charge of course.  Send it back with the etchings<G>

Cheers,

Martin

Oh yes, I would be down for a Willies flat fender, or a 50s M38, and ESPECIALLY would love a 41+ MB!    As Thierry mentioned, there are no suiteable 40s/50s era flat fender/MBs.  There is a definite need for one.