Trumpeter Liberators on facebook

Guest Maxim

Oh lord, gimme gimme gimme.  :D

I was just going to pop in here to ask if anyone else had seen more pics than the half dozen posted here.  Seems like with such an exciting (to me) kit to be announced out of the blue and so close to shipping, there would be a lot more buzz about its first public showing.  I'm not on facebook, did any more get posted there?

What about that mention a few pages back about the shape of the Davis airfoil not being capture properly.   I can't tell from any of the pics I've seen (on the new ones above, that pen coincidentally obscures the wing root.  

Looking at the earlier pictures in the thread it appears that the upper curve of the wing, from the leading edge back, isn't as pronounced as perhaps it should be in cross section.

Of course, we won't know for sure until any of us have the kits to hand.

*If* this proves to be the case I'm sure most won't worry and, for those that want to tweak, I'm sure it's doable.  :)

Iain

On 10/1/2018 at 9:35 PM, Alburymodeler said:

One of the first things I noticed as well, it seems to be a standard convex airfoil section. This is a problem when capitalists rather than enthusiasts get involved.

Without the 'capitalists' there would not be the money to develop the kit in the first place....  Even an enthusiast needs the dosh...

Has anyone else looked at Emerson nose plexi Moulding?  There appears to be a seem running through the entire piece which is not covered by  framing. 

Nose turret is 2 piece clear plastic but the join looks like it will be hard to cover. 

Paul C

2 hours ago, Paul2660 said:

Has anyone else looked at Emerson nose plexi Moulding?  There appears to be a seem running through the entire piece which is not covered by  framing. 

Nose turret is 2 piece clear plastic but the join looks like it will be hard to cover. 

Paul C

Was discussed quite a bit a few pages back.  The good news is that vacuform molds do exist for those turrets.  Better news is that those molds are currently owned by an active member of these boards.  In fact he's already got an entire vac B-24 available now (and it's really quite nice). 

Questionable news is that nobody's asked him to consider selling just the turrets from the B-24 as an aftermarket set yet.

Any thoughts Mr. Tigger?

49 minutes ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

What a monster. Without looking it up myself (totally lazy today), is the B-24 span greater than the B-17G span?

Yes.  The B-17G has a wingspan of 103' 9.4" while the B-24 is reported to have (I said reported because i have no information on this critter other than survey stuff) 110' 0". Slightly longer wing and much thinner in chord than the 17 but with a higher aspect ratio.  Higher aspect ratio means they could go farther on less fuel than the 17.

6 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Yes.  The B-17G has a wingspan of 103' 9.4" while the B-24 is reported to have (I said reported because i have no information on this critter other than survey stuff) 110' 0". Slightly longer wing and much thinner in chord than the 17 but with a higher aspect ratio.  Higher aspect ratio means they could go farther on less fuel than the 17.

Thanks. I just recently saw a finished Fortress, and I'd forgotten how massive a kit that is. I really have no place to properly display a beast that huge, so assuming I eventually get one, it'll just have to be a ceiling queen.