Trumpeter Liberators on facebook

Guest Maxim

Just got an email from one of the local Australian retailers I use for buying LARGE kits ... Preorders are up for $290 AUD ... Cheaper than the original HKM B-17G's were retailing at years ago!! ... Well done HB ...

Rog :)

26 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

1/32 Liberators & Lancasters.

Worlds gone mad.

LOL,  isn't it something else??  where am I going to put them? I do plan on throwing all practicality out the window and buy them

Especially the Lanc,  I grew up as a kid playing around this plane. It's hands down my fav multi engine bomber.

I'll likely donate all my builds of it (note plural) will be donated to the bomber museum in Nanton.

Thought I'd add these pics for atmosphere, friend of mine was in Ullapool west coast of Scotland today and sent me these pics of a Liberator crash site, kinda good the engine has been left there out of respect and not been take away by a collector or something, also a plaque to commemorate the dead on this lonely isolated spot.

Site is classed as a war grave, its actually North a bit from Ullapool nr Badachro.

uXzoHge.jpg

LWXuN6I.jpg

YUQuOeW.jpg

Edited by Southern Bandit

12 minutes ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Hmm, quite a disconnect with the 112 GBP Hannants is showing for preorder.  Somethings not right here.  The US price seems more realistic.

At this rate, it would be much cheaper to preorder from Hannants, even with shipping across the pond.

22 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Hmm, quite a disconnect with the 112 GBP Hannants is showing for preorder.  Somethings not right here.  The US price seems more realistic.

At this rate, it would be much cheaper to preorder from Hannants, even with shipping across the pond.

Does anyone have any idea approximately what shipping costs would be for this to the U.S.? I've never purchased from Hannants before but the price difference for the B-24J (backorder with 10% discount is $148.00) is probably worth it - even if postage is $100.

-Ro

52 minutes ago, Rowen said:

Does anyone have any idea approximately what shipping costs would be for this to the U.S.? I've never purchased from Hannants before but the price difference for the B-24J (backorder with 10% discount is $148.00) is probably worth it - even if postage is $100.

-Ro

I got an Airfix Victor K2 from Hannants, and postage was 29 GBP, and 1/32 Lib is going to be bigger and heavier.  I guess one can try adding a HK B-17 to the cart and seeing what shipping would be for that to the US.

I’m just worried that Hannants misquoted the price, and won’t honor it when the kit actually come out.

5 hours ago, Southern Bandit said:

Thought I'd add these pics for atmosphere, friend of mine was in Ullapool west coast of Scotland today and sent me these pics of a Liberator crash site, kinda good the engine has been left there out of respect and not been take away by a collector or something, also a plaque to commemorate the dead on this lonely isolated spot.

Site is classed as a war grave, its actually North a bit from Ullapool nr Badachro.

uXzoHge.jpg

5 hours ago, Southern Bandit said:

Thank you for sharing the photos, just look at the ages of these flyers, good grief brings a tear to my eye, that generation of men and women were amazing