Trumpeter Liberators on facebook

Guest Maxim

2 hours ago, Royboy said:

I for one am extremely happy with the HB brand breaking further into the 1/32 market.

I think that Trumpeter/HB is making a BIG statement with the issue of these kits, if successful on the sales front I suspect that this will be but the first!

I first found out from a very reliable source that this project was happening about two and a half years back, although the manufacturer was not revealed.

This manufacturer seems to like British aircraft, the 1/48 Wellington model for me was the first major step and there's no reason why they shouldn't progress with aircraft like the Halifax and Sterling from the same era in due course if satisfied by our response. 

Of course. the market for more twins is even greater, so I say watch this space as dreams are coming true!!!

I fear the demand for 1/32 Sterlings will be in 3 figures at most.

7 hours ago, DeanKB said:

I fear the demand for 1/32 Sterlings will be in 3 figures at most.

I also doubt they would actually do it but who knows?

Whatever stopped a manufacturer that really wanted to do a potential subject being informed it was a 'turkey' and then finding out it actually wasn't in the end!

I do know that when I approached Airfix about the potential for a 1/48 version of a Halifax bomber I was told 'Nope, nobody knows what it is!' 

So what hope then for even a 1/48 version!!!

I do think they'll produce more WWII twins though, money on it anyone? :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, Royboy said:

I for one am extremely happy with the HB brand breaking further into the 1/32 market.

I think that Trumpeter/HB is making a BIG statement with the issue of these kits, if successful on the sales front I suspect that this will be but the first!

I first found out from a very reliable source that this project was happening about two and a half years back, although the manufacturer was not revealed.

This manufacturer seems to like British aircraft, the 1/48 Wellington model for me was the first major step and there's no reason why they shouldn't progress with aircraft like the Halifax and Sterling from the same era in due course if satisfied by our response. 

Of course. the market for more twins is even greater, so I say watch this space as dreams are coming true!!!

If they do a Halifax, I'm in. And also a Wimpey in silver dope as a Military Mission transport. Yeah, baby.

And if the stupidly big prevails, a Short Sunderland.

Tony

9 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

You are going to buy 3?

Well as you know Mike, I take my responsibilities towards maintaining the 1/32 aeroplane modelling industry very, very seriously.

I would 100% buy at least one Sterling, but it's - yet another - ugly British aeroplane. And it's bloody huuuuge. That cockpit is so far off the ground, you'd need oxygen masks to taxi the thing.

440px-British_WW2_bombers_comparison.png

Wikipedia says the Stirling could out-turn a Me 110 & a Ju 88.

I can't imagine being a night fighter pilot in my 110, and getting of the tail of the biggest aeroplane in the sky, only for the bloody thing to start out-turning me, bringing it's multiple machine-guns to bare.

Not sure I believe that bit.

It's Stirling as in place, rather than Sterling as in dosh.

Still think HKM and its love of exterior textures would do a great Wimpey.

As for Hobby Boss, well it has to be a B-29 - same awe and wonder in 1/32 as was the Airfix 1/72 Superfortress back in (was it?) late 1966

And then somebody makes the all-singing big scale Vulcan and Victor. 1/48 (oot, oot I hear!) would be nice

Tony 

we are so lucky, jump back 2 or 3  decades, all we had were a handful of aircraft types of the likes of spits, 109's, mustangs and phantoms. In my mind there were a few unusual kits like the  Mig21, mirage, beaufighter and mossie. Now look at what we have to play with - simply stunning collection of 1/32 aircraft and ever growing. Regardless of the accuracy, everyone of them builds into a recognisable replica of the aircraft it's meant to be.   I can't wait for the next decade to see what comes along but it will only happen if we buy what's available at present, something I'm doing with vigour much to the worry of my wife !!  Back on track, it will be 2 liberators for me (one of each nose type) and some very happy hours working out what aircraft I plan to build them as. Same will happen with the Lanc. I'm ever hopeful that the halifax will be done in 1/32 so I can replicate my dad's aircraft from 298 squadron - that will need 2 as well, one in ETO scheme, one in SEA scheme.  Bring it on !!