Trumpeter Liberators on facebook

Guest Maxim

11 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

We have no way of knowing any of that, nor do we have any idea of "who" is designing the kit. It is possible the kit has been shelved for some years, and is now coming to fruition. My crystal ball tells me that if that is the case, it should be a decent kit. Not perfect, but decent. Buildable for those that want to, and I'm pretty sure it will look like a Lib when complete.

My crystal ball says: the "B" or "C" teams are working on it.  It's going to be a hollowed out husk with no inner detail.  Hope my crystal ball is "on the fritz".

2 hours ago, esarmstrong said:

It's going to be a hollowed out husk with no inner detail.  Hope my crystal ball is "on the fritz".

If that's what's kept the price down, that's a good thing, which "team" did it has no reflection on price, and aside from the Spitfire fuselage all the 1/32 Hobby Boss kits have been pretty good.

On 9/16/2018 at 1:53 AM, esarmstrong said:

The so called "b" or "c" design team(s) must be working on it.

5 hours ago, esarmstrong said:

My crystal ball says: the "B" or "C" teams are working on it.  It's going to be a hollowed out husk with no inner detail.  Hope my crystal ball is "on the fritz".

I thought we had moved on from the old "Trumpy bashing" which was very boring and tedious.

As is always said when this gets dragged up, people should wait until the kit is actually out and "in hand" before throwing rocks.

I'm sure the vast majority will deal with any issues if they appear with this iconic aircraft which has finally arrived in "our" scale.

Edited by PhilB

I think in retrospect the Lib is more like the Lanc in that its very iconic and Im sure people will probably pick out things they dont think are correct on the Trumpy kit, just by the nature of being what it is with so many variants.  Just having one in 32nd seems a good start for me. Obviously we all want it as accurate as it can be, but with the importance of the Lib, I would venture to say that AM would/could be a great help eventually.    I even hope we see some conversions eventually, like a PB4Y-2 possibly. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to sound ungrateful.

In fact for me, a more basic kit, with a good shape and outline at €149 is preferable to a €300+ kit with details unbounded. I tend to buy lots of AM, and I'm sure Eduard, in particular, will shower it with engines, cockpits, seats, ordnance, machine guns, photo-etch details, etc.

So a more basic kit just means I'll save money. As an example, I give you Tamiya's Mossie. I bought as AM a pair engines, both gun bays, seatbelts, wheels, exhausts, gun barrels and the BigEd set. So it's not as if I'm normal, and a good level of detail OOB precludes the need to purchase AM.

2 hours ago, DeanKB said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to sound ungrateful.

In fact for me, a more basic kit, with a good shape and outline at €149 is preferable to a €300+ kit with details unbounded.

Amen!  +2  I couldn't have said it better.

Edited by Patrick HMD

based on the info on MBK website it should have 540+ parts on 22 sprues

http://www.modellbau-koenig.de/Flugzeugmodellbau_124-132/Alliierte_WKII/US_Airforce/US_B-24J_Liberator__i176_67038_0.htm

That's similar to HK B-17 parts count.

And similar to HB P-61 parts count, which is a noticeably smaller plane :D

jan 

I for one am extremely happy with the HB brand breaking further into the 1/32 market.

I think that Trumpeter/HB is making a BIG statement with the issue of these kits, if successful on the sales front I suspect that this will be but the first!

I first found out from a very reliable source that this project was happening about two and a half years back, although the manufacturer was not revealed.

This manufacturer seems to like British aircraft, the 1/48 Wellington model for me was the first major step and there's no reason why they shouldn't progress with aircraft like the Halifax and Stirling from the same era in due course if satisfied by our response. 

Of course. the market for more twins is even greater, so I say watch this space as dreams are coming true!!!

Edited by Royboy