Phartycr0c

HK Lancaster.

The Lancaster kit will have at least 100 additional parts (over 800) compared to the B-17, so that will account for at least some of the increased cost. And this increased cost is not in the plastic, but amortising the investment in the tooling for these parts. Plus, as already intimated, where you live will have an affect on the price, too.

Kev

9 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

The Lancaster kit will have at least 100 additional parts (over 800) compared to the B-17, so will account for at least some of the increased cost. And this increased cost is not in the plastic, but amortising the investment in the tooling for these parts. Plus, as already intimated, where you live will have an affect on the price, too.

Kev

... and that doesn't account for inflation either - My original B-17G cost me $299 AUD ... the F, when it was released, cost me $349 AUD and now the same supplier is billing them out at $419 AUD.

I'm expecting the Lanc' to come it at $500+ AUD.

Rog :)

All kits are not created equal.  Also don't forget that HK has basically designed this kit twice, so they have a lot more resources invested in it.  That's to their enormous credit.  They could have just released it as originally designed, but they chose to take the high (and more expensive) road.

At those prices it will but remain a dream for me, The current exchange completely forbids a purchase at that price. Now I am a sad Panda. :BANGHEAD2::wacko::angry2:

While the Wingnuts announcement sure is exciting, I'm sticking with my Lancaster preorder from HK. She sure looks lovely, and I enjoy how their kits go together. Immensely looking forward to when she arrives on my door step!

Will I spring for a WnW kit later? Who knows. The HK kit is bound for a museum display, so if I want one for home (God only knows where I'd put the bloody thing!) then maybe the WnW one will find its way into my stash. I imagine the price will be quite high, but we all certainly know what quality will be coming in that box. Sounds like the WnW kit is still a ways out (next year sometime), while the HK kit is right around the corner.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

I'm inclined to agree, and seeing those show images gives me a sense of a very robust kit (which it needs to be).

Wonder what it weighs? What breaking strain fishing nylon would be needed? 

Might need a deeper display shelf otherwise (and the Ikea Ivar is already 50cm or so deep and about 80cm wide)

Tony 

15 minutes ago, Tony T said:

Wonder what it weighs? What breaking strain fishing nylon would be needed? 

To hang it from the ceiling I assume you mean?  I would think anything over 10 (US)lb test would be plenty sufficient. IIRC, I dont think 10lb + fishing line is that uncommon