HK Lancaster.

Phartycr0c

While the Wingnuts announcement sure is exciting, I'm sticking with my Lancaster preorder from HK. She sure looks lovely, and I enjoy how their kits go together. Immensely looking forward to when she arrives on my door step!

Will I spring for a WnW kit later? Who knows. The HK kit is bound for a museum display, so if I want one for home (God only knows where I'd put the bloody thing!) then maybe the WnW one will find its way into my stash. I imagine the price will be quite high, but we all certainly know what quality will be coming in that box. Sounds like the WnW kit is still a ways out (next year sometime), while the HK kit is right around the corner.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

I'm inclined to agree, and seeing those show images gives me a sense of a very robust kit (which it needs to be).

Wonder what it weighs? What breaking strain fishing nylon would be needed? 

Might need a deeper display shelf otherwise (and the Ikea Ivar is already 50cm or so deep and about 80cm wide)

Tony 

15 minutes ago, Tony T said:

Wonder what it weighs? What breaking strain fishing nylon would be needed? 

To hang it from the ceiling I assume you mean?  I would think anything over 10 (US)lb test would be plenty sufficient. IIRC, I dont think 10lb + fishing line is that uncommon

6 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

Has this photo been shown here?

I'm not a Lancaster guy but I have to say, it looks pretty cool in the flesh! 

42674848_2166793893344706_37090758220117

I like the look of it...hoping they have some optional props as well....if not some AM will prob show. 

Edited by williamj

I am in no way a Lancaster expert, but I do want one of these beauties in my collection.  However, I do want a Grand Slam aircraft and not a stock bomber if I can build one.  

So my questions are...  Can you convert this version to a Grand Slam carrying bomber? (my limited knowledge of Lancasters tells me yes) Has anyone announce an after market mod kit?  or has HK announced a release of that version at a later date?  My apologies if this has been addressed already.