HK Lancaster.

Phartycr0c

1 hour ago, John1 said:

Wow...  one guy has a simple comment about stressed skin not being replicated and we've got multiple members getting their panties in a twist over it.  I guess anytime someone makes a comment that is anything other than "this kit is the best thing since sliced white bread", they will get slapped down because they are "bitching".   

It was a reasonable question, given that when the kit was previewed over on HS a few months back, it was conclusively stated that it WOULD have stressed skin replicated.  

http://hyperscale.com/2018/reviews/kits/hkmodelsancasterpreviewjh_1.htm

Not a big deal to me either way since I won't be buying this kit but it would have been a cool feature nonetheless. 

Reminds me more of the last forum I used to actively participate in.   Pretty sad....

No one is getting "slapped down". Its just a difference in expectations that didn't happen to be correct. All people have differing opinions, and some line up with fact and some dont, but on LSP there will never be time when you will be admonished for presenting a dissenting  opinion as long as it is presented in an adult manor and can be discussed in civilized way..  

7 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

No one is getting "slapped down". Its just a difference in expectations that didn't happen to be correct. All people have differing opinions, and some line up with fact and some dont, but on LSP there will never be time when you will be admonished for presenting a dissenting  opinion as long as it is presented in an adult manor and can be discussed in civilized way..  

I disagree Brian, the guy just asked a simple question of whether the kit was still going to have the stressed skin effect, and immediately was jumped on as bitching about it, I dont see how it could be seen any other way.

Anyway, doesn't worry me one way or the other, but I hate seeing people getting criticised for just asking a question.

2 hours ago, JT68 said:

I disagree Brian, the guy just asked a simple question of whether the kit was still going to have the stressed skin effect, and immediately was jumped on as bitching about it, I dont see how it could be seen any other way.

Anyway, doesn't worry me one way or the other, but I hate seeing people getting criticised for just asking a question.

I agree, I guess I didnt take it as a b i t c h about it but others did.   We generally appreciate it when members self moderate and take other members into consideration when presenting info. 

14 hours ago, Southern Bandit said:

And as an intermission to our HK Lancaster debate, here is a nice video from our sponsors, to enjoy the sights and sounds of a real Lancaster :) Perhaps it will inspire more to buy the kit and produce real 1/32 masterpieces.

I've seen the real BoB Memorial Lanc in flight a few times, its something I will never forget.

I'll see your BBMF Lanc, and raise you a Canadian one as well - taken at Shuttleworth one lovely evening in 2014:

IMG_3621.jpg

IMG_3647.jpg

IMG_3694.jpg

That last one's been the lock screen on my phone ever since.

Edited by MikeC
The usual reason - typo!

8 hours ago, Southern Bandit said:

Now, if only Peter Jackson would pick up his Dambusters script again, because you just know he would do it right.

Personally, I don't think you can improve on the 1950's vintage film, I think it should be left alone!

That's a holy grail now for a lot of people, however, I would like to see the story told of 617's next main adventure which was the attack on the 'Beast' aka the Tirpitz.

Churchill was reputed to be terrified of the prospect of the vessel coming out and attacking the convoys, what a great story to tell and it should be told rather than repeating their most well known attack.

Food for thought perhaps!

12 hours ago, Royboy said:

I would like to see the story told of 617's next main adventure which was the attack on the 'Beast' aka the Tirpitz.

Churchill was reputed to be terrified of the prospect of the vessel coming out and attacking the convoys, what a great story to tell and it should be told rather than repeating their most well known attack.

Food for thought perhaps!

There was a documentary on Channel 4 about the Tirpitz raid and was pretty good.

It was under the "Secret History" series entitled  "The Dambusters Great Escape".

It's available on "All4" the catchup site.

Easy to sign up if you haven't already done so.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-dambusters-great-escape-secret-history/on-demand/57176-001