HpH conversion set 1/32 MiG-23BN is officially out

Siola

Well, Alan, I can simply say no! 

The 23BN and the early MiG-27 indeed shared the same nose. This is the easy part. But they have different air intakes. This means modifying seriously the Hph intake support sections on the nose parts (have a look at my post about the armor plates) and recreating intakes without the supersonic splitter plates. Moreover, no Trumpeter kit gives the fat belly of the 27 with the heavier LG. Only LEM released the 27 but this is the M version and the nose has a serious shape problem. Currently, there is no easy way to build a 27 if you want somewhat that looks reasonably accurate. I'm currently making an early 27 with the LEM fuselage, the Hph nose, modified Aires sets, the Profimodeller set for the front LG and the Trumpeter tanks. However, there is not one part that does not ask for heavy changes and scratchbuilding is a noticeable part of the equation... ☹️ 

• 3 weeks later...

Other way around, Jennings. Make sure your clear film is ok for laser printers. I have run several sheets of film through my Canon color laser.

You are right, though not pretty when it melts inside the printer. We had that happen at the office!

On 10/4/2018 at 6:15 PM, Jennings Heilig said:

I just got a PayPal invoice for 64 euro with postage to the US.  A bit steep, as the postage is almost as much as the kit.

I ordered one on April 7th and haven't heard or received anything from HPH.  I got the paypal notification.   Did you get a shipping notice or anything form HPH?  I am not sure if it is held up by the virus or if something went wrong.

Greg

On 5/5/2020 at 12:44 AM, Jennings Heilig said:

Probably held up.  Likely they're not even working.  Things in the Czech Republic are pretty well shut down.

On the other hand, Eduard has a big sale from 05-05 to 09-05 to commemorate 75 years of Liberty. So not all of CZ is shut down. But it is of course always a possibility that a couple of employees are sick at home so the process is slower. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2020 at 5:06 AM, One-Oh-Four said:

On the other hand, Eduard has a big sale from 05-05 to 09-05 to commemorate 75 years of Liberty. So not all of CZ is shut down. But it is of course always a possibility that a couple of employees are sick at home so the process is slower. 

I still have heard nothing from them and their site doesn't seem to have a log in where you can check on your order.  the only thing I have is my Paypal receipt dated April 8th.  I am going to email them and if they don't respond I will request a refund from Paypal.:wacko:

Of course I gave them 3 days to respond to my emails about my order status with out hearing anything.  Filed a claim with Paypal and of course it showed up the next day!:rolleyes:.  It looks great and am glad it arrived.  No order confirmation email or shipping notice.  Is this SOP for HpH or was I just skipped somehow?

Hi,

what's the best 1/32nd KM-1 resin ejection seat on the market for the MiG-23BN?

Another question, the color of the laser rangefinder glass... redish, blueish, greenish?

CIAO!

Piero

1 hour ago, Piero said:

Hi,

what's the best 1/32nd KM-1 resin ejection seat on the market for the MiG-23BN?

Another question, the color of the laser rangefinder glass... redish, blueish, greenish?

CIAO!

Piero

Not sure regards accuracy over any other releases, but due to the fact it has moulded seat belts, I'd go for the HAD version.