paul fisher

Brass landing Gear for Skyray and Panther/ Cougar kits

Posted (edited)

We've done a pilot run of investment cast brass main landing gear legs for both the F4D-1 Skyray and F9F Panther and Cougar kits for those who want to either replace the kit gear or stash these away for an eventual build.

These are made for us by G-Factor Models, and are substantially stronger than the wire reinforced kit gear.Available now on our website www.fishermodels.com, they sell for $18.00 a set. There are only 12 sets on hand for the Panther / Cougar, and 50 for the Skyray, so if you want some please act fast.

Skyray main gear:

xCtRzuD.jpg

Panther and Cougar main gear:

oNb3MpQ.jpg

Edited by paul fisher

Guest Smitty44

Awesome! Glad to see Ernie knocking out some new gear! Order inbound! Thanks, Paul!

Posted (edited)

Paul, i've got a problem ordering these gearlegs, since your website is being presented as "not secured" on my server, and even using the "https//" as a prefix doesn't change it.

What can i/you do about solving this?

HTH

Jack.

i've got a panther, cougar, twogar and skyray waiting for these legs........

Edited by Jack

Guest Airfixer

Just wondering...my Cougars came with cast brass legs. Purchased back in 2007 and 2008.

cu8VclJ.jpg

When did you switch from cast brass to reinforced resin, and is the new cast any different from the original brass legs?

I don't know what to tell you about the site coming up as not secured, 

Paul, i've got a problem ordering these gearlegs, since your website is being presented as "not secured" on my server, and even using the "https//" as a prefix doesn't change it.

What can i/you do about solving this?

HTH

Jack.

i've got a panther, cougar, twogar and skyray waiting for these legs........

I don't know what to tell you re the site coming up as not secured, we don't take credit cards via the website anyway, it's all done via Paypal but I will look into this as it will be a problem in the future.

As to the Panther / Cougar, we did a trial run back in 2006-7 but Ernie got swamped and we went back to the wire reinforced resin legs.Never had any problem with them on the Panthers and Cougars, but we all like the brass better so I am trying to do more of it in future.The Panther legs have sold out so I will do another run ASAP. Still have some Skyray legs .

I know Ernie has been working on brass legs for the Skyraiders, maybe I can gently nudge them along since I want some too!

Ordered the Skyray legs on the spot. Adn I want 3 sets for the Panther / Cougar(s). I did notify this with my order for the Skyray.

You made my day, Paul ! You can have more of my money with news like this one :frantic:

Hubert