Mirage IIIC 1/2 " cigogne" Dijon AB ,circa 1968

alain11

hi gents

ah!!!! those Frenchies and their Mirage !!!!!!!!!I remember , at the end of the sixties , there was a TV series named " les chevaliers du ciel " ( knights of the sky ) . this series lasted from 1967 to 1970 . it was the story of two fighter pilots , the good funny fellow , and the serious handsome guy .....but the main character was of course the new Mirage IIIC just coming into operational service ......welll . a bit of romance , a touch of humour , actions , and bad guys were the ingredients of this  TV show that "enjoyed "my youth ( :punk:  )..... at that time , planes were unpainted , flashy , and colorful .... what a nice period !!!!!

now , stop nostalgia , here is my last build , ... Italieri kit ( what else !!) I made some improvements into the wheel well , and added details into the speed brakes ,the kit has been riveted (what an odd idea !!) ,the rocket engine SEPR 841 is scratch built , markings , and unit badges were painted ... different  Alclad shades for paint job .now , enjoy ... or not  thank you for watching

Alain

114.jpg

213.jpg

313.jpg

413.jpg

513.jpg

614.jpg

713.jpg

813.jpg

913.jpg

1012.jpg

1112.jpg

1314.jpg

1412.jpg

Well done Alain!

Having built two of these kits, I can vouch for how difficult it is to get a clean, sharp surface to paint. A natural metal finish on this kit is only for the big league.

Your added detail on the area behind the instrument panel, in the dive-brakes and in the wheel wells is particularly good. 

Très bien!