Sign in to follow this  
otis252

Italeri F-35 Afterburner

Now that we are seeing some of these great kits being built. there's one thing that really sticks out to me. Looking at walk around pictures it seems the afterburner is way undersized.The gap between the fuselage and the afterburner nozzle is way to large, this can be fixed with a larger nozzle. How about it Gary, fix this problem please! Thanks.

Chuck 

Now that we are seeing some of these great kits being built. there's one thing that really sticks out to me. Looking at walk around pictures it seems the afterburner is way undersized.The gap between the fuselage and the afterburner nozzle is way to large, this can be fixed with a larger nozzle. How about it Gary, fix this problem please! Thanks.

Chuck 

Yes please!

I agree.  I bought two of these kits and try as I might, the only major flaw is the afterburner as a whole and the individual petal blades. I know I had been looking at it for a while with one of those "something's wrong here but I can't see what it is "attitudes.  It isn't obvious unless you are looking at the kit piece against a detailed photo.

Ohhhh this is a must have!! The nozzle is total crap. I spent at least 3+ hours trying to cover those horrible sink marks in it. I would buy a GT Resin replacement in a heartbeat

All that needs to be done is a little more detail on the inside without the sink makes on a larger diameter burner. Make one that fits tightly inside the fuselage opening and we're done. Do your magic Gary. Thanks.

Chuck

I'm sure the PE set can be built into an improvement, but way above my skills. I'll hold out for a ready to paint and install resin 'burner. Bring it Gary.

Chuck.