He-111P, night raids over the British Isles

Guest Martinnfb

Some very nice scratch building there Martin. I've only just started getting into that part of the hobby more.

Master Details make a resin set as well.

https://masterdetails.com/web-store/pilots-figures-details/war-era-years/world-war-2-1919-1945/heinkel-he-111-cockpit-interior-detail

If it's like their pilot figures, it should be quite nice.

Carl

Some very nice scratch building there Martin. I've only just started getting into that part of the hobby more.

https://masterdetails.com/web-store/pilots-figures-details/war-era-years/world-war-2-1919-1945/heinkel-he-111-cockpit-interior-detail

Carl

:blink:  :blink: For $69, it had better be quite nice!  The cockpit AM costs nearly as much as the whole kit!

very neat work, Martin !

Hubert

Thank You Hubert, it is not as neat as you guys are use to, but it fills me with joy. Haven't had fun behind the bench for very long time.

Gorgeous work my friend! I'm glad to see you back at the bench and posting pics! It's been too long.

Cheers,

Wolf

Thank You Wolf,yeah several years I recon. Hopefully I will not run out of steam on this monstrosity :)

Carl

Thank You Carl, I like to play, and the set for what is worth, well it's nice :), but not 70 dollars nice LOL 

Cheers

,,,,,,back to this build, there was a little boo-boo. Revell designed the interior sidewall basically bare, firmly exposing that nasty wing/ fuse. joint, furthermore they located control panel low, I mean quarter inch too low, the pilot would have to have decent reach to regulate the flaps etc. 

I realized this while watching video posted by Jari. It was too late to rip it out so I tried to proportional trick it in :)

well see for yourself guys. I had to glue the side in so I can fill the step created by the wing filling mini-side  and work on the new sidewall.

HDkRQ58.jpg

I finished the right side, not worrying about the instrumental drop, we will all pretend that it never happened. :) Everything was coated I opted for eggshell RLM 666. Next step is Eduard photo etched interior set, harness,  and some colours and dust :)....then the front area stage that is connected to the glass frame installation. I also had to cut  the right fuselage in two so there would be sufficient access into the areas visible from the outside. Basically everything has to be scratched. To be put it mildly it will need lots of additional work, just to become presentable. 

IwKrNfI.jpg

iphA4Ov.jpg

Looks great with some paint on it, Martin.  I really dig the results from your extra effort.   Though I am curious...

Maybe since you're going with RLM666, Maybe you could scratch-build this pilot figure:

61nyHcpdFFL.jpg

Image for discussion only.

:innocent:

Gaz

Looks great with some paint on it, Martin.  I really dig the results from your extra effort.   Though I am curious...

Maybe since you're going with RLM666, Maybe you could scratch-build this pilot figure:

61nyHcpdFFL.jpg

Image for discussion only.

:innocent:

Gaz

Hmmm, let me think about that :)

Impressive work Martin, hard to patiently wait for your next post !!!

Lothar

Thank You kindly Lothar, I will get back to tonight after I put little one to bed.

Great work, Martin.  Love this show.

IwKrNfI.jpg

'I finished the right side'

This would be the left side.  Just sayin'.

Sincerely,

Mark

He he , thank You Mark. What if he was flying backwards , you know, variable propeller pitch settings and German ingenuity ? :)

NICE!   Like it a lot...and yes..the left side of the aircraft is always the left side of the aircraft. But he did show both sides. :piliot:

Thank You William, I am glad you like it. Mark is only pulling my leg, we all know that often what is left is right.  miso witty  :)

And Guys listen up !, Big shout out to Florin for sending me extremely valuable pictures of interior in areas that are visible, yet not commonly photographed. Thank You Buddy, I do appreciate that a lot.

As a result I can go nuts and add some detail into the overhead space and cavities in the lover segment.

I'll be back in 5 hours, hopefully with some progress pictures.

Hugs and sissies :)

Thank You for checking in, appreciate the compliment Brian.

Hi Carl, thank you for stopping by, there is nothing wrong with AM stuff, it is just that there is not much of it available for He-111. 

Tonight I had some time to spare. As a result I began creating new floor and walls in the main compartment, I had to move the rear bulkhead forward and ripped out everything revell-like with exception of radios.

I also added oxygen regulator that was left on the right side of the cockpit.  This I was able to do thanks to Florin and his support in form of ultra-awesome set of pictures that I am allowed  to share with you and I will as we progress.

For Mark: What was left was right...... :)

div044.jpgfYDwUO5.jpg

There will be more to add on , framework, equipment etc. It just takes time to create to basic layout in the middle of nothing. Innately I was trying to preserve the existing plastic, slowly eliminating incorrect segments one by one,  ending up with emptiness. :)

fSZmPuj.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb