Sign in to follow this  
LSP_Kevin

Anyone Using Instagram?

I've just signed up for Instagram, just to see what it's all about, and so far, I have to say it seems useless. Anybody else using it? My suspicion is that we are far from its primary demographic, but I'm looking for a way to expand the marketing reach of KLP Publishing, and was hoping Instagram might prove useful.

Is there an actual scale modelling audience there of any substance?

Kev

I'm still trying to get the hang of it, but it seems to be an image-driven version of Twitter, another service I've really struggled to develop any affinity for.

Here's me on Instagram, for those who might be interested:

https://www.instagram.com/kfutter/

Kev

Waz ist diz Instagram you speak of?

Oh, that.

Ahhhhh,

that would be a nine. nope, na, no way in hades, not going to happen, I'd rather be struck by lightning....twice. :)

That's just one man's opinion, mind. ;)

Plus One More..

Just spent good half hour reading their policies ..wow!

There's is SO much to read !!

They won't arbitrate in disputes.

If you have a problem with another user YOU have to deal with it on your own.

If you lose out (I think they meant in monetary terms..you can go to small claims court and that has to be done in California).

They can stop anyone's account if they want without prior warning.. and you lose all your photos etc....etc... etc...

It just goes on and on and on..

I think the Instagram is used mostly by women ... and a tiny percentage of men.

And I haven't seen any modeling hobby Instagram photos before today(Kevin you are the first one I have seen); mostly it's fashion, arts, and general stuff like cooking còokies, dance ,and other family orientated subjects.

But each to their own..

One man's poison is another man's Gold!

Good that you have taken the plunge into the unknown Kevin, and I hope you do well

You already have 29 followers so that is not bad given you only just took the Instagram plunge.

Just MY opinion on media social gatherings!

I am like Dan... not for ME either.

I love Instagram, it's my favorite phone app. I haven't seen much scale model stuff on there, but maybe I just don't follow the right people. I do post my model progress on there though, but only friends can see it.

... Yes of course ... A big fan of it ... as of FaKebook which sells all your personal data to unknowns ... and TweepTer, where people, including some in very high places, can write lies and insanities with millions of followers :rofl:

Sometimes, I feel like an old fart ... Mind you, I AM probably one :hmmm:

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers

Instagram is great and it's not just for selfies, etc! I use it for skydiving and aviation... and have had friends get a lot of work through it too, one guy got offered a job which he took! So, I highly rate it.