Trumpeter 1/32 P-40F Soon to be Released??

Bill M.

1 hour ago, Collin said:

So when do we get some P-40F Checkertail Clan decals headed our way?  

Cheers

Collin. 

Zotz did a sheet with Decals for a P-40L of the 325th FG, the so-called “Checkertail Clan”. I think you can still find it, like on eBay. As far as I know all of the 325th FG P-40’s were long-tail warhawks and may have been all P-40L’s.

Bill M.

5 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

6. Here is the controversy, yes, the top curve of the nose is off, it is not as flat as it needs to be, it has a distinct hump, as it gains altitude as it leaves the windshield then curves back down. It is my initial assessment that if this bothers you, there is enough plastic on top to sand this flatter, which should get you pretty close. 

And if not enough material, always the solution to put some resin Inside before sanding to the correct shape.

Thanks a lot, your info reassure us.

Waiting to your first pix.

Raph

On 12/16/2018 at 4:57 PM, 1to1scale said:

The bad...

5. Rubber tires, seriously? I don’t understand why they persist with this. Maybe they own a miniature rubber tire factory?

Funny how people complain when Trumpeter includes them, but nothing is said when Tamiya includes them in there kits. Same with the PE hinges for flying surfaces.

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

Funny how people complain when Trumpeter includes them, but nothing is said when Tamiya includes them in there kits. Same with the PE hinges for flying surfaces.

I hate both, wherever I find them! No free pass for Tamiya there, as far as I'm concerned.

Kev

6 hours ago, Dave J said:

For the record, I dislike Tamiya tires (and decals), ABS plastic, and Dragon Soft Tracks too. This is my opinion, if you like any of these, that's fine, its your opinion. 

Edited by 1to1scale

6 hours ago, Dave J said:

I hate those with a passion.  Then, I dont mind the rubber tires at all. Actually, I kind of like them, although I did buy a set of resin tires for the 1/24 Mosquito. 

Edited by Gerhard

It's odd isn't it that with all their facilities to hand they can't just quite get hold of a decent drawing, It's almost like the next kit is planned on a Friday lunchtime down the pub [ if that exists in China ] and than after a few bevvies it's a race back to the workshop to start cutting metal before the weekend. Once started there's no going back.

I don't think any of my kits have been made from the original information I started with and they have literally been drawn up and made twice before I was happy.

I've found it's actually harder and more time consuming to guess and work from photographs as in 3D CAD there's no bodging allowance as you soon end up with lines not meeting and surfaces once all created just look wrong because it is wrong.

Graham

Edited by GrahamF
more info

Way back when Trumpeter first released the Wildcat - Stevens Intl. refused to carry it because it was so inaccurate... so, why are the major distributors not scrutinizing products before purchase before distributing them? Stevens took a stand and Trumpeter corrected the Wildcat... 

If you don’t like the inaccuracies of a kit then vote with your wallet and don’t buy them... 

Cheers

Alan

1 minute ago, alaninaustria said:

I wonder if Trumpeter even prints out the CAD designs before cutting metal... 

We are a resource that Trumpeter could use to up their game and end product...

It just goes to show you what they think of their customer base...

Cheers

Alan 

I wish I could draw cartoons, Imagine the Trumpeter team visiting Tamiya and remarking "what are those lazy B's doing staring at those drawings on the Computer? If you're not grinding metal and making lots of sparks you're not working!"

I suppose it's like us looking at making a Chinese junk you just assume they're all the same.

Graham