Kittyhawk 1/35 Seahawk!

Guest Maxim

Well Academy missed a good opportunity! I am happy finally somebody is willing to release the Seahawk! However, the 1/35th scale is a total stupidity. Indeed, for Army helos, I "may" understand the diorama idea.

However, who's making carrier deck, vehicles or helo crew in 1/35th scale?!? There are Reedoak pilots but nothing to make a deck section and no possibility to combine with planes... Stupid idea!

The only reason I could see would be the intention to have some common sprues with a future Blackhawk release. However, to me, this stays a bad idea.

:-(

Well Academy missed a good opportunity! I am happy finally somebody is willing to release the Seahawk! However, the 1/35th scale is a total stupidity. Indeed, for Army helos, I "may" understand the diorama idea. 

However, who's making carrier deck, vehicles or helo crew in 1/35th scale?!? There are Reedoak pilots but nothing to make a deck section and no possibility to combine with planes... Stupid idea!

The only reason I could see would be the intention to have some common sprues with a future Blackhawk release. However, to me, this stays a bad idea.

:-(

Yes, daft as a brush. As long as nobody does a Sea King in HP2 battery-powered racing scale.

Tony

Sorry to have to agree, but I think an objective look at almost any KH kit will confirm that the designer really isn't that knowledgeable about aircraft, nor a particularly clever kit design engineer.  There are a few of his kits that are pretty good, but the majority are overly fussy to construct, and they've done some *major* boob jobs due to a lack of very basic research and understanding of how aircraft are constructed and how they work (like curved piano hinges, for example).

I hope the SH-60 will be a shining exception, but the proof will be in the pudding.

Just for clarification, the prior comments were referring to Oliver and his building style.

I would have to agree with Jennings . I do hope they put the effort into the Seahawk though I would much prefer a Seaking but I'll take what I can get.

sh-3h_148999.jpg