Sign in to follow this  
Clunkmeister

Revell P-51D-5 availability??

This UK supplier says he posts to US- dont know how much it costs but the kit is £29 ($40 USD). Ive never seen them for $23 (£16.74) this side of the pond so would be suprised if you could get them for that in the US.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REVELL-P-51D-5NA-Mustang-1-32-Aircraft-Model-Kit-03944/401448176036?epid=15010567258&hash=item5d782d09a4:g:rlcAAOSwXPNaGLGO

Ordered mine back in September from Tower. Just got it last week in the mail! I pre-ordered this go around! I waited forever for the Revell Fw-190 A8 Nightfighter to come out. No one had them in stock! Still haven't seen one in a hobby shop. I obtained one from a guy in Canada. Price was good, shipping sucked. But, I got one. So, I didn't play around when this Mustang was offered as a pre-order. Just ordered some Kit-World decals for it, Passion Wagon! I figure it will take a little while for aftermarket goodies. I see Yahoo has come out with and Instrument Panel for it. I figure Eduard has things up it sleeves for it as well. And then there's the decals, figure more of them will come out as well. 

Eduard has had sets out for the kit for over a month. 3-4 PE sets, plus masks were released in late Dec or early January. In the last two weeks, Eduard released some resin stuff (exhausts, prop, and wheels). It’s already out there.

This is really a great sign if Revell cannot keep up.  Has this ever happened with a Revell product?  With this much positive feedback, they will expand their lineup of higher quality.  Can't wait to see the response with the new F-18 coming soon.

I got the email from Free Time Hobbies last week and ordered instantly.  I see they are now out of stock too.

Guest The Southern Bandit

I'm in no hurry. I'll hold out until I get it cheap from one of you gents when you get hard up for cash!!!  :wicked:

You might be waiting a long time mate, would never sell mine :)

Great Hobbies just received a shipment of them Friday and have one still in stock at the moment.

http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=RVG3944

I got mine from them when they had their after Christmas sale so it was only $27 CAD.

Carl

Grrrrreat Scott!

Shipping is 43.00!!! On a 27.00 kit...

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No

Guest Smitty44

This is really a great sign if Revell cannot keep up. Has this ever happened with a Revell product? With this much positive feedback, they will expand their lineup of higher quality. Can't wait to see the response with the new F-18 coming soon.

I got the email from Free Time Hobbies last week and ordered instantly. I see they are now out of stock too.

i think the availability issue also has to do with the bankruptcy of Hobbico, but for sure it is great for revell as what has made it here is gone gone gone.

This UK supplier says he posts to US- dont know how much it costs but the kit is £29 ($40 USD). Ive never seen them for $23 (£16.74) this side of the pond so would be suprised if you could get them for that in the US.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REVELL-P-51D-5NA-Mustang-1-32-Aircraft-Model-Kit-03944/401448176036?epid=15010567258&hash=item5d782d09a4:g:rlcAAOSwXPNaGLGO

$24 at Sprue Brothers, and I assume the price will be the same when they restock.