New resin fillet tail for new Revell P-51D!

1to1scale

By sheer accident I found a guy on facebook that had just made a fillet tail section for the the Revell Germany P-51D-5NA. I have three coming my way right now, I should have them early next week. I will post a quick review and fitting to the Revell kit I have as soon as I get them. This should give us all a pretty cheap way to make Revell P-51's.

I don't believe he is a member here, pending the results of the finished product and how it looks, I will talk to him some more and see how he wants to sell these to anyone who is interested.

poqSCY9.jpg

I know not everyone likes the fillet, but most of the schemes for -5 are fairly ugly, by adding the fillet, you have many more decal and NM color options available. And with the projected final price less than $20 each, it's pretty cheap way to make some later P-51's out of an already cheap kit.

I now have to educate myself on other differences on various P-51D models.

Lol, I had not planned on being a distributor for them...but I may help him figure out a way to sell them if he needs it. Be patient, I will get the three and post lots of pictures, I figure three of them will give me a chance to compare them for pinholes, voids, warpage, surface quality, etc. We will go from there.

Edited by 1to1scale

Lol, I had not planned on being a distributor for them...but I may help him figure out a way to sell them if he needs it. Be patient, I will get the three and post lots of pictures, I figure three of them will give me a chance to compare them for pinholes, voids, warpage, surface quality, etc. We will go from there.

I would consider it if I were you-It's honest money and we would trust your judgment.

I really don't think this guy needs anyone's help to sell his wares: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302633259080

D

Unlike some people, I prefer to get an opinion of someone I am familiar with and I believe a reputation to uphold, over that of a total stranger selling on e-bay, who obviously would have his own interest at heart first.

And for that, I am willing to consider paying a little more.

Sorry if that "ruffles your feathers".

poqSCY9.jpg

Is it me? In the top picture the resin fuselage looks to be smaller than the Revell at the joint

Richard

Possibly yes. But for the money he wants, and the money the Revell kit costs, Im thinking a couple swipes with the sanding stick on the rear of the Revell fuse might do the trick.  Im also not sure about the panel lines on his tail section either, but again, I can overlook it for the cost.