Anyone built the new Hasegawa new tool A6M5c Zero?

1to1scale

yes, I am getting to be a Hasegawa snob, I don't need or want to build all the engine stuff, retractable landing gear, removable panels, etc of a Tamiya, so my Tamiya Zero sits in the closet, and I want the new one. I only wish they chose the earlier A6M2 which had a better selection of paint schemes.

Yes, it's a good kit.  One thing I've found lacking in every A6M kit produced (including Tamiya) is the canvas tail wheel shroud that is very visible when the tail wheel is down (unless it's been removed).  Hasegawa included it on their Raiden kits, why not the retooled A6M5c?  Maybe the A6M5c was never produced with one? 

5eaf2b1a53a63f1efdad882eb57d2fe6.jpg

Edited by Juggernut

Agreed on the boring color schemes. Any color as long as it's green...

I love Japanese WW2 fighters, but one of each is pretty much all I want, with almost identical schemes...

Too true, alas. You can build '109s until you drop and not run out of interesting schemes. Japanese fighters? You're done after a couple, max. The differences are too minor and subtle to make new builds interesting after that.

I am getting to be a Hasegawa snob, I don't need or want to build all the engine stuff, retractable landing gear, removable panels, etc of a Tamiya, so my Tamiya Zero sits in the closet, and I want the new one.

^^So much this. I have a Tamiya Zero sitting in my closet, too! 😄