HK B-17E/F Questions

VIPER0177

Hi all, I have questions about the kit from those that have one. What am is needed? I will be getting one soon and I want to bring the detail level up a little. I don't want to go all out just replace what is most noticeable. Right now I'm thinking about replacing the guns with the Eduard resin ones and adding pe to the nose, bomb bay, wheel wells and exterior. I will be doing it as Memphis Belle May 19 1943. So any tips on what needs to be fixed or done differently from the instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Wow...where to begin! I'm going to build mine as "Knockout Dropper"...I've bought Eduard wheels...found a number 2 engine on eBay for almost nothing. Have the Master brass gun barrels...quickboost guns too. Most of the Eduard PE...nose, cockpit, bomb bay, radio room, waist gun and exterior. Didn't get the flaps...have those up. Picked up resin O2 bottles, de-icer ducts, seats and control yokes and Live Resin bullet belts. Kit's World "Knockout Dropper" decals and national insignia decals and stencils. Like a custom car you can go from "mild to wild" with this kit! Want to build mine in a diorama with mechanics working on number 2 engine..with a couple maintenance guys drinkin coffee and smoking by a line shack in it's parking spot. Maybe take a kit wheel and tire and sand it down like a tire changed off to the side. Haven't started mine yet...every time I open the box it's just..."WOW...this is a big B-17F"!!!!!!!!!

Look at Sprue Brothers or eBay for your wish list! Kinda get your plan together and go! Hope this helps...Ron

You need one of these:

image_23_product-1024x681.jpgimage_18_product-1024x681.jpgimage_19_product-1024x681.jpg

Haha!  Long time no see Robert!  Have you changed the mount base to reflect the E/F installation?  What you've shown I think is the B-17G Norden bombsight and mount.  I'm waiting to see that one and as soon as I do, I'll snap one up ASAP. 

Any progress on that ball turret?

Edited by Juggernut

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone. I acquired a 1/32 HK B-17e/f. and upgrading with a lot of Eduard and master details parts.

am I correct in assuming that the HK 1:32 Eduard Brassin B-17G Engines  are compatible with the F version build?

thanks in advance... 

Edward

58 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

Yes.

thanks! just wanted to verify before dropping $75 for the Eduard BIGSIN 4 engine multipack. order placed and paid! LOL! I placed orders for a lot of Eduard and Master Details upgrades. this kit just got more pricey but will be super fun and super detailed!

Personally I would go with the Master Model brass .50cal barrels, the metal jackets are far superior to resin which only have indentations for the perforations while those on the brass are actually fully open holes, also they don't tend to warp which can happen with resin ones.
With the Norden bomb sight, you should note that this was only exposed during the flight, while on the ground it was either covered with a canvas cover or removed and secured in a box, it was considered 'top secret' during WWII and was never left in an unattended aircraft on the ground.

Thanks 32Tragic that was the first upgrade I purchased on July 19th! Lol! I figured if they were going to stick out they better look their best! 

I did get the upgrade Norden bombsight so I’ll consider my plane prepped and ready for a mission!