Tornado GR.4 New Tool Italeri 1/32 as well!!

timvkampen

Tony , I'd like to see the kit breakdown before I'm quite so certain about an F-3 being on the cards . There are a lot  of changes that have to be made to a basic GR series to turn it into the F series , I know I spent a year scratchbuilding the changes , and I will be first in the queue fo one . 

I was a little disappointed that these were no mocks or sprue shots of the Tornado at the Nuremberg  show, that would have cleared up many of the questions I have about this model .. 

Tony , I'd like to see the kit breakdown before I'm quite so certain about an F-3 being on the cards . There are a lot  of changes that have to be made to a basic GR series to turn it into the F series , I know I spent a year scratchbuilding the changes , and I will be first in the queue fo one . 

I was a little disappointed that these were no mocks or sprue shots of the Tornado at the Nuremberg  show, that would have cleared up many of the questions I have about this model ..

Agree Scotsman. Italeri are saying the GR.4's their biggie of the year, with the TF-104G also getting a look-in, alongside the regular zipper as a recce boxing, so 2019 is just as likely to be an earlier Tornado IDS or ECR (and maybe there's an F-35B STOVL job in the works), making an F.3 a big outsider. Tim's likely to do the necessaries sooner (?¿)

Tony

I'd better crack on with it then, hadn't I!!?? Currently having some reliability issues with the printer. Brilliant when it works, just a bit tempramental.... Grrr.

Yes, crack on with it, I have an ECR kit just waiting for your F.3 conversion :D! Hope the printer stops being temperamental soon :lol:!

Guest The Southern Bandit

Really looking fwd to this Italeri kit with much anticipation, live aside RAF Lossiemouth and it was a sad day when the Tornado's did their final fly past :(

Ewan McGregors brother flew a GR4 from Lossie, he still lives in my town ... Biker too :)

Cant wait for this kit.

https://www.raf.mod.uk/news/archive/end-of-an-era-for-raf-lossiemouth-tornados-22032017