TF-104G and (R)F-104G Italeri 1/32 on their way...

timvkampen

On 8/2/2018 at 7:37 PM, SharkOwl said:

Dutch Decal

Just arrived, instruction not ready !

At the right : 1/32 KLU F-104G / TF-104G

Tribute to Dutch Decal to produce 1/32 decal sheets !

B) 

SharkOwl

0b1df34d2e444199341e2dbf82dc03db.jpg

Luuk Boerman has done a tremendous job for builders of Dutch military aviation. Same applies for all specialized decal makers. Danny Coremans of Daco has been a major driver for the 104s of Italeri I believe! And his conversion set for the Hasegawa Zippers is beautiful!!!

Hi All again - just going back to 63-076 'wearing' an SUU-21/A practice bomb dispenser under it's starboard wing, would it have had the same under the port wing - if not what would it have, if anything?

Regards,

Steve S. 

I have a real desire to build the TF as F.104DJ 46-5008 of 207 FS, 83rd.Fighter Wing JASDF, in a light grey with orange exercise markings - my problem seems to rotate around the fact that Japanese generic and squadron marking decals are like the proverbial 'hens teeth' in 32nd. scale.

Can any of you lovely people assist me in my quest?

Regards,

Steve S. 

I have an old/ancient sheet from a Hasegawa 104, possibly the first release with 56-8666 bird. You are more than welcome to them, though they are out of register, white parts are closer to cream(chronic problem with older Hasegawa sheets) and the blue in the tail insignia is closer to purple. LMK, you could always use them as a guide to print your own. Most all other stencil work can come from the Italeri kit.

Don

Thanks for your kind offer dmthamade, but I have the remnants of that sheet and, like yours it's more yellow and faded than I'd like, so thanks.

Jennings, I'm a patient man and can wait until 2019 - should you decide to produce JASDF decals - 'cos I know, based on your Corsair epic, it'll be right on the money!

Whilst I wait for JASDF decals or maybe even the long promised Italeri boxing to include JASDF markings, my eye is being taken by the Luke AFB centennial bird in natural metal with the SUU-21/A bomblet dispenser - choices, choices!!

Regards

Steve S. 

5 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

FYI, if I do decide to do the JASDF stuff, it’s not going to happen until 2019.  Our decal printer is booked up until into the new year right now.  That’s why we were sweating getting the F4U decals done in time for Phoenix.

Whoever does the JASDF squadron markings in decal form should do quite well in sales.

I'd buy a couple of sheets and I know of another two like me are waiting for the elusive markings to start off their projects.

Same for F-4's, there are absolutely minimal subjects in 1/32 scale out there and I have built them all! 

Whoever makes' em in the future I'll buy 'em, if I'm still around that is!! lol.

Couldn't agree more with you RoyBoy!!

Sadly JASDF markings for any of the post war jets etc has been only poorly supported and could well be a winner for someone as JASDF have flown F.86, F.86D, F.104, F.4 and F.15 to name but a few and there has been some really fantastic schemes on their aircraft!!

Let's hope someone takes note and steps in to fill this yawning gap!!

Regards,

Steve S.

14 hours ago, mgbgtv8steve said:

Couldn't agree more with you RoyBoy!!

Sadly JASDF markings for any of the post war jets etc has been only poorly supported and could well be a winner for someone as JASDF have flown F.86, F.86D, F.104, F.4 and F.15 to name but a few and there has been some really fantastic schemes on their aircraft!!

Let's hope someone takes note and steps in to fill this yawning gap!!

Regards,

Steve S.

There are some decals out there, but not much for 1/32. Seem to concentrate on 1/144, 1/72, 1/48. Platz decals, Rose Ridge, CAM decals come to mind. I wouldn't mind a 1/32 Blue Impulse Sabre.

Don