Last P 47M question, which prop from the Hasegawa kit is correct? Than

oyoy5

Guest Airfixer

IIRC, the Revell blades depict the symmetrical cuffed type.

Overall shape and dimensions should be similar.

Just thinking out loud... :hmmm:

• SET A: A new resin C-series reduction gear casing plus a pair of nicely crafted Bendix-Scintilla distributors + C642S-B40 props = P-47M conversion set suitable for pretty much any 32nd scale Hasegawa P-47D Bubbletop boxing...including the P-47M limited edition.
  • SET B: Stand-alone C642S-B40 prop for the Trumpeter P-47N kit. Bendix-Scintilla distributors optional.

Nah...just kidding. :innocent:

[EDIT]

I need two props/sets/whatever, by the way.

Edited by Airfixer

Also for the “N†I think the spokes on the wheels are different and unique for that version. I can check for sure, if so it would be nice to include that in the “N†set with the corrected prop.

IIRC, the Revell blades depict the symmetrical cuffed type.

Overall shape and dimensions should be similar.

Just thinking out loud... :hmmm:

• SET A: A new resin C-series reduction gear casing plus a pair of nicely crafted Bendix-Scintilla distributors + C642S-B40 props = P-47M conversion set suitable for pretty much any 32nd scale Hasegawa P-47D Bubbletop boxing...including the P-47M limited edition.
  • SET B: Stand-alone C642S-B40 prop for the Trumpeter P-47N kit. Bendix-Scintilla distributors optional.

Nah...just kidding. :innocent:

[EDIT]

I need two props/sets/whatever, by the way.

Can you post me some good links for the parts you have on your wish list, I would like to see them to see if it is doable. Are there any kit gear casings that are close to accurate?

C642S-B40 props

This is hub designation, not prop, all C542S and C642S are externally identical. "B40" is the set number to fit the blades on this hub

the P47M & N had CE prop: C642S B-40(hub) + DWG 836 14C2-18R1(blades)

according what I found in several manuals, documents and reports

helice10.jpg

p_47_t10.jpg

http://lapatrouillesimple.forumgratuit.org/t582-les-helices-curtiss-electric

Edited by waroff

Guest Airfixer

Can you post me some good links for the parts you have on your wish list, I would like to see them to see if it is doable. Are there any kit gear casings that are close to accurate?

Both the venerable TEKNICS and Vektor Resin C-series gear casings appear to be really decent renditions of the real thing.

The corresponding parts from the Hasegawa kit are, quite inevitably, somewhat sparsely detailed. But with an accurate prop, correct ignition distributors and a less rudimentary magneto I'd rate them "good enough". Once a tapered cuff prop will have been installed, you won't see too much of the detail. "I'm not seeing anything, but I know it's there!"

Personally speaking, there's no need for a potential correction set to replicate the original ad infinitum.

New prop,  an enhanced detail gear casing, a pair of correct ignition distributors, as well as a more accurately reproduced/sized magneto, and Bob's your uncle.

Maybe helpful in assessing your input:

tGlLJ75.jpg

mRIx2HC.jpg

L70W5YQ.jpg

3oOoDYi.jpg

3hOrVOC.jpg

TAMIYA's rendition of the Bendix-Scintilla distributors...quite accurately reproduced.

And that's pretty much what the distributors on a P-47M with its R-2800-57© should look like...

Another option would be cannibalising the ignition harness (part J1) from one of the Hasegawa Bubbletop boxings.

However, the distributors from the Hasegawa kits aren't half as nice as their TAMIYA counterparts.

e5DIW2r.jpg

In case you might give it a go, and having two of the Hasegawa P-47Ms in my stash, I can send you the parts below:

MwNmq7N.jpg

Parts K1, K2 and K5 -> templates

Parts D37 and B15 -> in order to check fit

Mailing expenses from Germanistan to the U.S., courtesy of my wallet.

Feel free to PM me for details.

Erik

[EDIT]

K1, K2, K5, D37, B15 plus the parts for the cuffed symmetrical paddleblade prop from the kit...

Edited by Airfixer

TAMIYA's rendition of the Bendix-Scintilla distributors...quite accurately reproduced.

And that's pretty much what the distributors on a P-47M with its R-2800-57© should look like...

Another option would be cannibalising the ignition harness (part J1) from one of the Hasegawa Bubbletop boxings.

However, the distributors from the Hasegawa kits aren't half as nice as their TAMIYA counterparts.

In case you might give it a go, and having two of the Hasegawa P-47Ms in my stash, I can send you the parts below:

Parts K1, K2 and K5 -> templates

Parts D37 and B15 -> in order to check fit

Mailing expenses from Germanistan to the U.S., courtesy of my wallet.

Feel free to PM me for details.

Erik

[EDIT]

K1, K2, K5, D37, B15 plus the parts for the cuffed symmetrical paddleblade prop from the kit...

I have already done the mag for my  P-61 correction set, so those would be very helpful.

Edited by Harold