1/32 3D printed model

SirBlueHenry

Provisional floor done

provisional rear bulkhead done

busy on 8th rendition of instrument binnacle and side shelf

front seats are scaled down versions of car seats found on Thingyverse - and they will be good enough for the Seabee front  seats

control column pedestal done (and I have just this very moment realised that this is the first aircraft I have ever seen with a control column AND steering wheel style controls.

yet to do ...

instrument panel

pedals

door handles inside

steering wheels

rear bench seat

seat frames (probably best made of wire) but they may not even be visible - will still decide on best approach with this

To my amazement - despite being told differently - PLA can be glued with styrene glue (Tamiya Thin). Well, that makes a huge difference. It may not glue by welding as much as styrene plastic welds, but it did a pretty good bond - no problem for model parts so far.

Gaz - that would be awesome - long time before that happens

Im wondering if we will get to a point - somehow - where the parts that get printed dont have lines on them  - the layer lines

Its a bit like when we used to use dot matrix printers, which for a time when the letters were not made of dots, Now we have perfect 2D printing. 3D printing will undergo changes, and so will scanning - eventually you will be able to reproduce and scale objects in high quality and very short time - but not yet - not for the average man at least