Next WNW

Dave Williams

No Freikorps aircraft? To repeat a saying my Grandpa said quite often... "Never spoil a good story by leaving out what didn't happen", most often in reference to his good friend George, who had some great WWI whoppers.

That's the whole point of "What If?" and it can be the best part about making models.

Tnarg

I'll pick one up since it's WW1 (and WNW) but I'm not overly excited with the choice.Considering the "hype" for the teaser type announcement I was expecting it to be a much more mainstream subject than this.

I feel we as a group provided more hype (excitement) for ourselves than WNW. The company always has some sort of 'coming soon' type of place holder on their site. The anticipation is a big fun part of the hobby and being part of the group for me at least. Ernie's comment about the D-1 and innovation of the times made me think that WNW has a good sense of the history of the evolution of WWI era aircraft design. We should weight this a bit more during our ( Marketing-like) guessing game and beyond historical aviation encounters.

Rick

I think it's a shrewd move by WNW. It's a subject that will appeal to those who have heard great things about their products but have been put off by rigging and dealing with upper wings and struts - they even admit as much on the website.

I think there is definitely some merit to that. However, I also think it might be difficult to replicate that corrugated surface when joining wings/fuselage. Im not even sure of the best way to do it.