Well now......

Big Texan

Pretty pleased with myself!!! Just scored a sprue on ebay that is from a Tamiya A6M5 kit being parted out. The sprue contains drop tank, complete pit, prop, spinner, gear wells, gear doors and other fine tid bits! All for $16.97. Now, you may think that's crazy to pay for a sprue, but, if you add up all the aftermarket stuff that includes everything I mentioned, it would cost a hefty penny more!!! Some, isn't even offered as aftermarket! I bought this sprue because it has everything I need to step up the Revell Zero I just got. Got to say, I'm feeling tingly all over! LOL!  :D  :yahoo:

Well now, one Revell Zero will be modeled after one that was stationed at Truk, island. The other one, I will use the Montex Mask set I just got. It's the zero that has the white wing tips and sort of a white lightning flash on the fin with white numbers in the middle of the flash. Just excited beyond words. I'll get my hands nimble first, on that old Monogram Me-109 kit for a nostalgia build, and then jump head long into the deep end of the pool with one of these Zeros! Gotta watch me some Tora Tora Tora! to build up the momentum! LOL! :lol:

When I first saw the sprue Kev, I was just excited about the prop spinner, and especially the drop tank. After closer inspection, I was like, "Holy Cow!!!! There's a complete pit, gear wells, doors, etc." There is some surgery on the rear bulkhead at the bottom to perform, but the pit does fit into the Revell fuselage nicely. Yeah, I was excited. I had planned to do one out of the box and just rescribe it, but when I saw this sprue of parts, I was like OH Yeah!!! LOL!

When I first saw the sprue Kev, I was just excited about the prop spinner, and especially the drop tank. After closer inspection, I was like, "Holy Cow!!!! There's a complete pit, gear wells, doors, etc." There is some surgery on the rear bulkhead at the bottom to perform, but the pit does fit into the Revell fuselage nicely. Yeah, I was excited. I had planned to do one out of the box and just rescribe it, but when I saw this sprue of parts, I was like OH Yeah!!! LOL!

I did something similar with my build, but robbed parts from a Doyusha A6M2 kit I had in the stash. That kit is due to become a Rufe, so didn't need its landing gear or drop tank anyway. I must actually start that project one day!

Kev

I did something similar with my build, but robbed parts from a Doyusha A6M2 kit I had in the stash. That kit is due to become a Rufe, so didn't need it's landing gear or drop tank anyway. I must actually start that project one day!

Kev

Yes sir! Ya gotta do it Kev!!! I have the old Swallow A6M2 kit in the stash. They are actually not bad kits at all. I have already built one. I used the old Eduard set for the Hasegawa Zero to "Tart" up the cockpit some. I like the old Swallow kit, now Doyusha. To bad they cost a small fortune now!