Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1A

Wolf Buddee

3 hours ago, Pat H said:

I'm so jealous of how clean your wire work is. No matter how hard I try, it always looks a little.... Kinky...

Not in a good way either. Like... You expected a feather, but she pulled out a whole chicken. 

Oh man Pat, you really just aged yourself mate! The difference between erotic sex and kinky sex joke goes back a looooong way, LOL! Thanks for the compliment though. To answer your question about the 0.5mm nuts, I goth them from modelmotorcars.com I just ordered some more from them but the smallest they list now is 0.6mm. https://model-motorcars.myshopify.com/collections/small-parts-hardware/nuts

Keep posting pics of your own Corsair build. I look forward to seeing more.

Cheers,

Wolf

37 minutes ago, Wolf Buddee said:

Oh man Pat, you really just aged yourself mate! The difference between erotic sex and kinky sex joke goes back a looooong way, LOL! Thanks for the compliment though. To answer your question about the 0.5mm nuts, I goth them from modelmotorcars.com I just ordered some more from them but the smallest they list now is 0.6mm. https://model-motorcars.myshopify.com/collections/small-parts-hardware/nuts

Keep posting pics of your own Corsair build. I look forward to seeing more.

Cheers,

Wolf

Haha, I'm only as old as I feel, which varies greatly depending on the day.

Thanks for the link! Is there anything else I should grab from them  while I'm at it? I'll probably update my thread tomorrow.

Also, since you seem to have a great deal of knowledge on  the subject. I've seen  the oxygen tank be Green zinc chromate, yellow, and aluminum. Is there any that are more accurate than others? I'm undecided on which one to go with.

Hi Pat,

I asked the same question a couple of years ago. Here's the reply I received. I painted mine with Model Master Willow Green. It actually looks very close to Interior Green which I didn't expect. I thought it would have more contrast.

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

10 hours ago, Thunnus said:

Wonderful!  I love the intricate plumbing in the wheel well!  I also stumbled onto the idea of gluing the wheel wells together but not onto the wings.  

Hi John,

Thanks for the kind words. I have to admit that I took your lead on the wheel well assembly. After playing around with dry fitting the parts I couldn’t come up with a better way. One thing I did very early on was to glue the front upper wheel bay part to the upper inner wing. Later I thought doing that was a mistake but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. See, mutual inspiration, such a great thing!

Cheers,

Wolf

17 hours ago, alaninaustria said:

That plumbing is awesome bro!! You have got the touch mate! I’ve really enjoyed all of your builds!!

Looking forward to seeing some paint!

Cheers

Alan

Thank-you Alan,

Very kind words indeed! I’m looking forward to seeing some paint as well. I don’t think that’s too far away now (hopefully). Regarding your PM query, I’ll be in touch, I just need to explore some options.

Cheers,

Wolf

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 11:00 PM, Wolf Buddee said:

Thanks Anthony,

I can't seem to get photo bucket to cooperate! I'm going to switch to another program. I'm soooooo done with PB.

Wolf

I have been using Image Shack Wolf....fast as heck..and quite refreshing after PB. 

And I'm not commenting on your workmanship with the Corsair because I hate you.

;)

Edited by williamj

1 hour ago, JayW said:

Wolf - Fundekal is out of the radial engine logo decals (the sheet includes 1/18 scale of all things).  Would you happen to have this?

Hi Jay,

Sorry but unfortunately I don't have the Pratt and Whitney decals. If I did you'd be most welcome to them. Hopefully someone else has 'em and can help you out.

Cheers,

Wolf

55 minutes ago, williamj said:

I have been using Image Shack Wolf....fast as heck..and quite refreshing after PB. 

And I'm not commenting on your workmanship with the Corsair because I hate you.

;)

Hey Bill,

So far I've tried Imgur and it seems to be working. Is there a cost to using Image Shack? I've got to transfer all my photos from PB before saying good-bye and closing the door behind me.

Cheers,

Wolf

2 hours ago, Wolf Buddee said:

Hey Bill,

So far I've tried Imgur and it seems to be working. Is there a cost to using Image Shack? I've got to transfer all my photos from PB before saying good-bye and closing the door behind me.

Cheers,

Wolf

It says.."Sign up for a free account....give it a try.

I finished the wing centre section last night and it's ready to be attached to the fuselage. Another milestone, if you will, on this build. The majority of the work on this section was adding the hydraulic lines within the wheel wells. Although the MLG is in place for the photos it hasn't been glued. I made sure that the MLG assemblies could be removed beforehand as it fits very positively.

I have to admit that I had the good fortune of picking up on some of the detail painting help John Kim received while building his Corsair.

Cheers,

Wolf

zeEbhVc.jpg

3zvKQ6E.jpg

2JU1sse.jpg

SA73RnQ.jpg

tfWgq9d.jpg

7ermsKk.jpg

Edited by Wolf Buddee