Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1A

Wolf Buddee

15 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

WOW, that's spectacular!  I just love seeing your lovely work and photography Wolf....you have not disappointed.  Just beautiful!

Thanks Anthony,

I had to smile regarding your comment on the photography. I’ve been quite frustrated with my images as they don’t appear very crisp or sharp as I’d like. The focus seems to be off a bit and I can’t quite figure out why. I’ll have to keep working on it.......

Cheers,

Wolf

13 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

That is nice.

z9JB6co.jpg

I could use a mm ruler.

cCMPxEq.jpg

Why cut the line?  Could you not go around as the other?  What gauge is the copper?  Is it annealed?

Great show, Wolf.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for checking in. I cut the line so I could mount the hydraulic cylinder for the MLG door without obstruction. On that side the hydraulic lines ran straight behind the hydraulic cylinder. On the other side the lines, according to the photos I used as reference, ran down lower below the hydraulic cylinder. Those than ran higher ran behind the cylinder but it was easier to bend them enough to clear. I couldn’t tell you the gauge of wire, I knew someone would ask, but it came out of a length of insulated wire. I simply stripped the insulation and used the individual strands. I didn’t think of annealing it.

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf, I think part of your problem is that your background colour is too similar to the majority colour in your foreground objects, so the camera might be having some trouble with that. Just an educated guess on my part! For what it's worth, I think your photos still look great.

Kev

23 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Wolf, I think part of your problem is that your background colour is too similar to the majority colour in your foreground objects, so the camera might be having some trouble with that. Just an educated guess on my part! For what it's worth, I think your photos still look great.

Kev

Thanks Kev,

I certainly appreciate your input. However I have a very strong suspicion that's it's entirely operator error. I'm getting old ya know?

Cheers,

Wolf

4 hours ago, turbo said:

Lovely detail on the wheel bay plumbing Wolf! :coolio:

Thank-you very much Kirby.

In the end though it all boils down to the final finish doesn’t it? Weathering has not been my strong suit so i hope i can pull off a great finish like you, John, and Brett, to name a few recently finished Corsair builds. Wish me luck..........

Cheers,

Wolf

I'm so jealous of how clean your wire work is. No matter how hard I try, it always looks a little.... Kinky...

Not in a good way either. Like... You expected a feather, but she pulled out a whole chicken.