Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1A

Wolf Buddee

Amazing work Wolf, but since I'm fairly new to modeling after a 20 year hiatus, where do you find all these detail pieces? The tiny lead wire, resin rivets and bolts, placards and such? I read these threads and just get lost.

Bill, thanks for your kind words and I apologize for the long delay in response. The lead wire comes in spools and was given to me by fellow model builder. The size of wire I have is 0.015 and 0.010". Some of my nut and bolt details come from MENG Models and come in large injection molded plastic sheet with the fasteners in various different sizes. Other fastener details are resin pieces from Taurus Models. Taurus Models, in Poland, make some incredibly small faster details in various styles and sizes and are an absolutely brilliant addition to your aftermarket tool kit. The decal placards can be found at Archer Fine Transfer, Airscale, and specific to the Corsair, Barracuda Studios. There's more sources of course but the ones I mentioned are my primary source.

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf, are you even human?

Yes Gerhard, LOL! .........and sometimes not even a very good one. Just ask my wife!  :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Wolf

Dayum!!

Thanks Jennings! I'm learning from some of the best here on LSP!

Cheers,

Wolf

Outstanding work as always!!

Wolf, I'm loving your work sir!

I must admit, I am known to go back and read your whole Spitfire build thread just for the sheer fun of it, on quite a regular basis, and I can see this one joining it!

great work wolf

can you show some closeup photos?

Gentlemen, thanks for checkin' in and I really appreciate your comments!

Cheers,

Wolf

Well........that was fun! NOT! I went to post an update and lost the whole damn thing somehow so here's my second attempt, LOL!

I've almost finished the cockpit for the Corsair. I still have a few items to scratch build like the cockpit lights and their two forward mounts.There's also the plumbing that goes between the various different cockpit components and the linkage rods that go from the instrument panel to the throttle quadrant. They should be interesting to align when fitting the assembled cockpit module. <_<

The extra detail added to the rudder pedals is hard to see once in place but visible enough to make filling the void well worth the effort.

Comments and critique always welcome and there's some close up pics as requested by Misha71. :)

Corsair-20_zpsafp8zcpb.jpg

Corsair-21_zpsavmgkpc5.jpg

Corsair-22_zpsl9z6jaog.jpg

Corsair-23_zpss303qfek.jpg

Corsair-24_zps4bwr21za.jpg

Corsair-25_zpsebl3okl1.jpg

Corsair-28_zpsl73rav4t.jpg

Corsair-29_zps77ldyykh.jpg

Corsair-26_zps9cqr9yxj.jpg

Corsair-27_zpse7gommdl.jpg

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

I give up. Knitting club anyone? Just amazing Wolf....Harv

Thanks Harv! C'mon though, all you have to do is attach your broken wing and you've accomplished everything I still need to do.

Cheers,

Wolf

OMG...... I am taking up knitting with my wife.  Unbelievable!

Thanks for the modelling inspiration my friend.  I cant wait to finish off some of my 1:1 Auster and get back to the bench

Thanks Anthony, but step away from the knitting needles. Those things can be dangerous! You'll have to keep Harvey away from them too. Especially the pointy end!

I can tell you one thing though, if I had a 1:1 Auster I'd probably never return to the bench. How far along are you with it? Surely it would be considered a large scale plane and a build thread here would be appropriate. What say ye Kev?

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Wow, Wolf. that cockpit is just stunning, all coming along very nicely indeed!

Regards. Andy

Thanks Andy!

The ironic part is that I've spent more time on the cockpit of this build than I did on the engine. That's the exact opposite of my Spitfire build. Obviously radials are a lot less complicated, LOL!

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Thanks Andy!

The ironic part is that I've spent more time on the cockpit of this build than I did on the engine. That's the exact opposite of my Spitfire build. Obviously radials are a lot less complicated, LOL!

Cheers,

Wolf

Indeed Wolf, you are literaly flying along on this build and an awesome build to watch come together!!

Wolf's secret finally revealed :)

81Uba9E1RpL._SL1500_.jpg

Only Dave and Kyle are helping along on this build. They're the only two who wash their hands after eating. Kevin gets too sick after eating too much dried paint.........he always leaves early.

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee