SH Morane Saulnier MS 406 Polish 1:32

shadowmare

Really nice. Very unusual looking aircraft which Ive read had some strange characteristics. Despite it being underpowered and under armed, it was said to be highly manouverable and structurally sturdy, although it lacked any armour or self sealing fuel tanks. Going up against a swarm of hungry 109's in one of these must have taken much courage...

Unusual subject and excellent model. Very impressive :)

Having been a fan of classic, obsolete lines of MS 406, I know many Polish Morane fighters fiercely fought against German counterparts along with French ones in the Battle of France. The lovely model reminds me of old pictures of air war in France summer 1940.

JK

Edited by Jay Kim

Thanks guys!

Unusual subject and excellent model. Very impressive :)

Having been a fan of classic, old fashioned lines of MS 406, I know many Polish Morane fighters fiercely fought against German counterparts along with French ones in the Battle of France. The lovely model reminds me of old pictures of air war in France summer 1940.

JK

Thanks!. Nice that you know about this. It's a pity that French adventure of Polish pilots is not a happy-end story like 303 squadron in England.

Thanks guys!

Thanks!. Nice that you know about this. It's a pity that French adventure of Polish pilots is not a happy-end story like 303 squadron in England.

A true happier ending real-life story:

A friend I grew up with in L.A. was the son of a Polish Air Force/RAF member fighting in England.

Meanwhile, his wife who was a soldier in the Polish Army (her weapon of choice against the Wehrmacht was her pistol :fight: ) was captured and kept in a German POW camp.

Later she was to be "liberated" by the USSR Army and then kept in a Russian prison camp after the war.

After making it over here, to become employed as a machinist, he got her out to live in America, where they lived out the rest of their lives.

Edited by Gigant

Nice story Gigant! Unfortunately Russian "liberation" and then communism was a tragedy for Poland, even now we have problems because of that. Nice that they lived happily in USA. After end of WWII many soldiers and pilots from England returned to Poland, and polish communist judges controled by Stalin sentenced them to death.