1/32 Revell Harrier

Jay Pare

Aftermarket for the Harrier 1?

Close to nothing!

Siam decals released a decal sheet with stencils and an Ukrainian company released a photoetched Pegasus face.

The main problem is the fact the kit is a pre-production plane that has the completely different bullet-shaped fairing in front of the fore exhaust. This can only be corrected with epoxy putty and a long session of sanding...

Correcting shapes, detailing and scribing will consequently have to rely on old fashioned Modelling!

So time to bring out a new tool Harrier family :m0152:  :m0152:

Avfew have said the same. Quite a few, actually!!!

Indeed, I'm one of them.  A GR1/3 and a T2 to start with would be ideal, then take it from there.  Naturally I include the AV-8A/TAV-8A in that, but whoever does it must remember to include Stencel seats for the AV-8s, unlike the Kinetic 1:48 Tbird.

A P1127/Kestrel/XV-6 would be nice too, but that's probably too much to hope for.

First, I don't mind doing Old School Modeling. I usually can't afford all the aftermarket goodies. I just ordered the In Detail and Scale Book. I have come to rely on them. What I was looking for was input on it's fit and quality. Cockpit is sparse, but I see an empty canvas.

Who has built one?

First, I don't mind doing Old School Modeling. I usually can't afford all the aftermarket goodies. I just ordered the In Detail and Scale Book. I have come to rely on them. What I was looking for was input on it's fit and quality. Cockpit is sparse, but I see an empty canvas.

Who has built one?

This one?: http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=220

Richard

It's pretty much an early P.1127(RAF) instead of a Gr.1 like they claim it to be.  There is definitely a lot of work that would need to be done to bring it up to modern standards.  But, it can definitely be done with enough determination

Matt