1/32 Trumpeter Me 262A-1a "Yellow 3"

Thunnus

John,

Just read this WIP from the first page today while listening to the wind and rain courtesy of storm Freya and I am just blown away ( not sure if that was a pun ) by your work.

I have the 1/32 B-24 on the way ( yup I know about the problems ) and the way you weathered your 262 is a great inspiration to me. The whole a/c just looks right!! I just hope I can get the Lib to look as worn and used as your 262 as I have some great pics to work from.

Just a shame your finished now but I have book marked this WIP....Hope you don't mind?

Regards

Mark

On 2/28/2019 at 11:37 AM, F-4Phanwell said:

Wow and again wow, even thats not perfect for your eyes, but for my eyes she looks super perfect, really real and so amazing.

Ohhh your first armor project? You do nothing wrong with MENG John, i built a Leopard 1A5 by MENG, really great kits, perfect fit, i am excited of your work

Thank you very much, Werner!  I'm going to TRY an armor project for the first time but I don't know what to expect and can't say how it will turn out!

On 2/28/2019 at 12:51 PM, jep1210 said:

Nice save...both of them. Man!!! I can't believe how invisible the the wing cross fix is.

Yeah, I lucked out.  But you can only avoid the pitfalls for so long.  During the final photo shoot, the mojo caught up to me... I blew out the delicate aerials.  If you look at the full underside shot, you can see what appears to be a hair near the tail.  That is the detached aerial.  :wacko:

On 2/28/2019 at 1:05 PM, TorbenD said:

Phew!

So pleased you got those fixes so well and relatively painlessly.

What a corker!

Torben

Thank you Torben... see above!

1 hour ago, vespaboy48 said:

John,

Just read this WIP from the first page today while listening to the wind and rain courtesy of storm Freya and I am just blown away ( not sure if that was a pun ) by your work.

I have the 1/32 B-24 on the way ( yup I know about the problems ) and the way you weathered your 262 is a great inspiration to me. The whole a/c just looks right!! I just hope I can get the Lib to look as worn and used as your 262 as I have some great pics to work from.

Just a shame your finished now but I have book marked this WIP....Hope you don't mind?

Regards

Mark

Please feel free to use whatever you need to use from my builds!  I'm just using things that I've learned from other people and hope to pass on useful tips and techniques to others.

Yes, the build is finished! 

JTK-3237.jpg

The Ready for Inspection post can be found at...

• 8 months later...
4 hours ago, nmayhew said:

how the hell did i miss this?

i must have been abducted by aliens or something...

simply stunning!

Thank you so much Nick!  The Trumpeter kit was a pretty good one but I did have some challenges making the all of the nose panels to fit.  Would've opted for the new Revell kit were it available at the time but I'm happy with the way that Yellow 3 turned out.  Thanks for the comment!

On 11/19/2019 at 8:19 AM, Lothar said:

For whatever reason I've missed this one too: But what a model, it's a true beauty -

fantastic what you did with this kit - from construction to finish most impressive.

Hats off!!!

Lothar

Thank you so much, Lothar!  One of the fun things about modeling (at least for me) is having some sort of mental picture or vision of the finished model before you even start and then trying to achieve that vision.  It was interesting using different techniques to try to capture a certain look for Yellow 3.  I think I was successful in some regards and I think I failed in others.  That combination of success/failure during a build usually fuels the fire that leads me to other projects.