1/32 Trumpeter Me 262A-1a "Yellow 3"

Thunnus

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!  I did some salt fading on the top of Yellow 3 today.  But the model developed a bit of the "dusty" look that I hate.  I think part of it was exacerbated by the harsh lighting in the light box... gotta watch that.
IMG-4655.jpg

So I took a few steps backward by giving her another shot of gloss. Lost the frost but also much of the salt fading.  I want to get the finish a little flatter than where she is at now but I'm still leery of the dusty phenomenon.
IMG-4670.jpg
IMG-4671.jpg

I was playing with the landing gear and the nose leg was resisting my efforts but suddenly popped into place.  Didn't want to yank it out so I decided to glue it in a little earlier than desired.  The nose wheel isn't glued into place yet.  I have to get all three wheels on in order to have the model rest on the flat tire spots.
IMG-4669.jpg
IMG-4666.jpg

As you can see, I've dirtied up the bottom a bit more with post-shading in different colors and more chipping via sponge and colored pencil.  I've added some speculative red primer marks on the bottom.
IMG-4673.jpg
IMG-4672.jpg

7 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

The weathering on the underside is fantastic

Thanks Brian!  I think I'm getting there.  Not QUITE but getting there!

4 hours ago, Victor K2 said:

Some tyre creep marks on the wheels, and this build is awesome.  (that's the only criticism can come up with) .

I look forward to seeing this build in all her finished glory.

Bob

Thanks Bob!  Can you clarify "tyre creep marks"?  I'd like to rectify if it is possible!

36 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

I think he's referring to the tire movement ID marks used to make sure the tire was not slipping/moving around the rim:

7916897200_82d567c7e1_c.jpg

That makes sense!  Did all Luftwaffe tires have these creep marks?  Actually... the Trumpeter decals show a red creep mark decal for the front tire... I didn't realize what it was and left it off.  I can add that with paint.  I'll have to check the main tires too.

I added some tire slip marks per Victor's comment.
IMG-4676.jpg
IMG-4678.jpg

The main landing gear legs have been cemented into place.  I'll need to be careful with the fit of the tires as they are kind of loose on the axles.  I need to make sure the flat spots hit the ground flat so I'll wait until the glue is completely dry.  Looking at the pics, I think I need to mess up the interior sides of the engine nacelles.
IMG-4679.jpg

The nose gear door has been glued into place.  I'm not sure what that wet spot on the front tire is but I'll double check it.
IMG-4680.jpg

I've given the model another flat coat.  It was a 2:1 mixture of Flat to Gloss to avoid the white frost effect.  I think I'll stop it there in terms of flatness.
IMG-4682.jpg
IMG-4683.jpg