Helldiver ... in the work

AEROPOXY

Hi Nenad, 

I have just started my SB2C (after a year of wondering if I can be brave enough) .. I have a question if I may that might be answered in your bottom photo on post #18. The top halves of the fuselage are more or less clean, however the bottom halves are where the pour stubs were. Cleaning these up could involve sanding into the fuselage as well as down from the pour stubs. (I hope this makes sense) .. It appears that you did what I have done so far which is to sand the pour stubs to the outer skin of the fuselage. I am wondering if you sanded in from the mating edge that much?

So nice to see someone else working on this kit - great work too!

Best

Alex

Hi,

Well, work on SB2C stalled a bit, due work on local Modell show, Danube 1255 preps , held past weekend,

https://www.eastmodels.sk/clanky/753/podujatia/dunav-1255-2018-sobotny-report--video.html

Anyway, i sanded bottom halves to the locating pins blocks line, sanding on the flat (glass) surface glued wet sandpaper . After halves were glued, i seal the joint line with CA glue, sanded and primed with MrSurfacer. Later will do re-scribing and riveting, to

restore lost details.

Once (soon) i do more work on SB2Cwill post more pics.

RGDS

Edited by AEROPOXY

• 3 months later...

Its time to finish this story,  model contests are over,for this summer,  in meantime i finished all the illustrations, technical drawings, color profiles and text for Rogožarski IK-3 book  , published by KAGERO , week ago,  http://sklep.kagero.pl/en/rogozarski-ik-3.html

And was finally free to complete work on Helldiver, in past 2-3 weeks.

After few try and fail attempts to made wings removable, which never looks good,   i quit and glue it , and make living easier to me, and work on Helldiver continues .

NG7op75.jpg

lgEzDyr.jpg

Then goes tailplane assembled and glued, 

YH5Rz0f.jpg

RCXVGpy.jpg

j4ngljE.jpg

NQBntN1.jpg

Engine compartment, needs some trimming to fit well, 

zwvbk9j.jpg

Engine+cowling and PE cooling flaps superglued,

CjkkE62.jpg

clrmw3H.jpg

Position and signal lights, glued, sanded, polished and framed with PE parts.

0xPCHGC.jpg

xLmJ2ju.jpg

umPXNrv.jpg

n1ZzYrI.jpg

Cw8OnAx.jpg

Xz5ygbH.jpg

wgzlMH9.jpg

Bombs and HVAR's assembled, HVAR fins replaced with 0.5mm thinn styrene sheet parts.

Fh6eA3v.jpg

And now, beatifuly casted canopy parts, removed from casting blocks, sanded and polished, and masked , inside and out, 

OlGLhKA.jpg

Primed with interior green and  glued to fuselage, central canopy part was wrapped, so, need to be glued one side first, and after glue sets , with gentle "push" glued on other side, 

xru3KfW.jpg

and, its spray time ...

first, pre-shading

aGdK6nn.jpg

Ff73U3z.jpg

then rest of paint scheme, applied, 

xsWhMol.jpg

and decals glued, 

4W0eC7j.jpg

and, after 6 months  , with stop and go work on this Czech produced  HPH Helldiver , i could sat and relax with  best Czech beer , KRUŠOVICE.

Vs2wPUC.jpg

Pics of assembled model, will be within a hour in Ready for inspection topic...

here:

Edited by AEROPOXY
link added

Guest Clunkmeister

Gorgeous build, Nenad.  Like many here, I have this kit in the stash and I continue to stare at it...