Helldiver ... in the work

AEROPOXY

Ive been looking at that kit for a while even with its high price. Its such a cool plane. I am surprised by several factors that did not go well together according to your posts.  Would you recommend the kit?

Oliver

Thanx for all  the nice comments , i do my best to complete this Helldiver as such kit and subject deserves.

In past few years i build few HPH kits and some other Large scale resin  kits, and have no problem to build any of them with some basic modelling tools and techniques.

Last two HPH kits i buid were Walrus and Helldiver, and both are built in some 6-7 months of work.

Both are well engineered, perfectly casted, accurate and detailed , for kit  produced in resin. Decals are good, in fact, pretty good for this Helldiver, with just Microscale decal set and coat of Pronto (Future) they copy all the tinny engravings and rivet lines.

My main problem is photo etched set, i do not like it , its generally ( for any kit) too 2 dimensional for my taste.

And Helldiver flaps assembly, drain last drop of modelling energy from me , i do not even want to remember how many times i leave this subasembly  aside and leave it for a week or two , doing other less  demanding builds , to cool down.

I could recommend this kit , its not easy to build , it will take lot of time for parts cleaning and preparing for build , but main airframe build is pretty straightforward.

Be prepared for lot of  research as  instructions  is confuse in some parts, and some parts are skipped , i have few unidentified parts left , despite i checked all the steps of assembly instructions .

But once you go to the painting and decalling, all the work pay's off,  i do this in just three days,  in 3-4 hrs sessions each day.

And at the end ,  frustrating flaps build is main focus point on this kit, and this structure could not be build in any other way than photo etching.

So, any one with lots of time, nerves and some money , should not hesitate to try this Helldiver build.

Thanx again, 

Edited by AEROPOXY

5 hours ago, AEROPOXY said:

Thanx for all  the nice comments , i do my best to complete this Helldiver as such kit and subject deserves.

In past few years i build few HPH kits and some other Large scale resin  kits, and have no problem to build any of them with some basic modelling tools and techniques.

Last two HPH kits i buid were Walrus and Helldiver, and both are built in some 6-7 months of work.

Both are well engineered, perfectly casted, accurate and detailed , for kit  produced in resin. Decals are good, in fact, pretty good for this Helldiver, with just Microscale decal set and coat of Pronto (Future) they copy all the tinny engravings and rivet lines.

My main problem is photo etched set, i do not like it , its generally ( for any kit) too 2 dimensional for my taste.

And Helldiver flaps assembly, drain last drop of modelling energy from me , i do not even want to remember how many times i leave this subasembly  aside and leave it for a week or two , doing other less  demanding builds , to cool down.

I could recommend this kit , its not easy to build , it will take lot of time for parts cleaning and preparing for build , but main airframe build is pretty straightforward.

Be prepared for lot of  research as  instructions  is confuse in some parts, and some parts are skipped , i have few unidentified parts left , despite i checked all the steps of assembly instructions .

But once you go to the painting and decalling, all the work pay's off,  i do this in just three days,  in 3-4 hrs sessions each day.

And at the end ,  frustrating flaps build is main focus point on this kit, and this structure could not be build in any other way than photo etching.

So, any one with lots of time, nerves and some money , should not hesitate to try this Helldiver build.

Thanx again, 

Thanks so much for the info

Guest Clunkmeister

Great pointers on the Helldiver.

This is a model I will need to build. I just like the real Helldiver that much. 

But yes, those flaps look to be a huge nightmare of headaches