P-51D

Monty Python

if this sells well (and it sounds like it may be) then hopefully it will fund Revell doing a P-51B or other subjects down the road....

Oh, it will sell I'm sure.  That's a no brainer Sir.  There's a market out there for guys like me who like to keep things simple and uncomplicated, yet accurate.  It will be happy dance time if the 'B' does show up, and is of the same quality.

It's a good starter kit for folks who have never modeled before, and won't be intimidated by the complexities of other and more expensive kits.  Simple, inexpensive, yet accurate, and iconic to boot, I like that combination.  Doing and showing the guts of an aircraft is OK if that's your thing.  I'm just not in that camp, and I'm sure there's other folks out there just like me.

Edited by Patrick HMD

I am retired and on a fixed budget, but prefer Tamiya. I find that if I stay away from Starbucks everyday, and have a model savings account to use for models. This means that I don't have to compromise. Everyone has their own tastes and financial reasons for what they buy. I asked about the Revell being Hasegawa, because it is often done by manufacturers.

I found it in stock at kitlinx  yea!.  I was  annoyed at the solid exhaust stubs but  I remembered I did  the unshrouded for  my Tamiya and went into the  spares box and found them.  I hope I can adapt them.  I did some research on early cockpit and found this resource  http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/67911-OT-P-51D-Cockpit-Progression-Walk-Through  it  has several pictures and looks well researched.  So far I have gottne RB  productions decal for the floor and  Barracuda's cockpit placards.  I am waiting to see if it worthwhile to adapt the tamiya early  Ip to the model and buy some  instrument decals from airscale  also might get  barracuda wheels.  The real killer money wise  as a tarheal( north carolina) I want to  due homage to cripes a mighty and the decals from eagle are pricey.  OTOH hand even with all the goodies it will still be less then the tamiya.   http://davidsdigitalvision.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-2/p428424859-5.jpg

The D-model Mustangs I'm interested in are later versions, for RAF, Polish and post-war RCAF. BUT...all this talk about people getting their kits and praising how good it is...is driving me bonkers. :)

So, I think I found an early D-5 that I would build. Jim Goodson's 4th Fighter Group mount. I met him once, he's a University of Toronto graduate, joined the RCAF before transferring to the USAAF and he's an ace. Truth is, I can't wait and want to see this thing!

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

'Now about that B......'

You know, Radu never answered my question as to whether he's working with Revell to produce a 'B.

Just sayin'

Sincerely,

Mark

Nope! All announcements about possible subjects are handled by Revell. Telling the world what Revell plans is "above my pay grade". ☺ï¸

Radu