Revell F4U1

bcauchi

stunning! to put the marking on the wing with the opened gunbay must have been quite a task. i wished i would have the chance to see this one live one day. nice to have a face to the modell now. i am in a kind of inner conflict now. on the one hand i cant wait to see it finished, on the other hand, my favourit thread is about to come to an end....

cheers klaus

wow brian! that chipping is top notch. i thnk i will have to test that humbrol silver-sanding technic too. the lower side chipping is very beautifull as well but the aluminium chipping on the wings, especially on the leading edge next to the fuselage.... absolutely how i imagine it has to look like. i really think that one cant paint this area more realistic.

the weapon bay is for sure one of the eyecatchers on this built. i love the aluminium fabricated "bring the amonition to the guns"-things. (dont know how one would call that in english... lol).

maybe you can post a closeup of this beautifull area when you post the pics of the finished plane.

what do you have in mind for the base? some white beach? carrierdeck? i think us corsairs were all land-based, but i might be wrong.

cheers klaus

brian, as far as i remembered you did detail the engine back to the firewall. can you still open it, or was that just for modelling fun, as the nosewheel of my heinkel was? if you are going to open up the engine and can close it again without any visible gaps... you are going to kill me. so think twice before you do something imprudent. :D