Arado Ar 234A V6 - 4 x BMW engines Prototype (Kettenkrad)

kkarlsen

Just discovered this very impressive conversion! The prototype 234s are my favorite models of this aircraft. The clear vac parts are are just perfect, and I know how though it is to make them. 

How did you figure out the shape of that "slide" above the seat? I never found a clear photo of it.

Alain

Just discovered this very impressive conversion! The prototype 234s are my favorite models of this aircraft. The clear vac parts are are just perfect, and I know how though it is to make them. 

How did you figure out the shape of that "slide" above the seat? I never found a clear photo of it.

Alain

Thanks, your absolutely right Alain, it's not easy, it's a challenge, that's why it's interesting ;-)

I wasn't sure what to call the 'plate' behing the seat, but you nailed it, it's exactly what it is, a 'slide' thanks!

At first I couldn't see the 'slide' in the photos, but in one of the photos of the wooden mock up it was quite clear, what was going on...

7698-170418183906-134622316.jpeg

Then I read somewhere, that all new Luftwaffe designs had to incorporate a catapult seat. So I think this is what it is, preparation

for a catapult seat, obviously it was taken out before the B model went into production?

When I went back to the closeup photos of the V-models, I suddenly was able to see the faint outline of the 'slide' in most of them...

7698-170418183906-134631430.jpeg

7698-170418183905-134611797.jpeg

In this photo it's almost impossible to see the 'slide', but when you look for it, the shape is visible...

Regards: Kent

Edited by kkarlsen

Nice detective work. I love these kind of eureka! moments when you finally figure out how it's supposed to be.

Looking good Kent, almost on with painting I recon?

I haven't decided Wouter, initially I wanted to build both Arado's before painting, but now I'm tempted to continue and finish this one first?

Cheers: Kent