VFS new announcement via HS

alaninaustria

Did anybody catch the announcement that Vintage Fighter Serires (VFS) has announced via HyperScale (HS) that a new 1/24 Corsair and 1/24 Spitfire Mk XII are coming our way at some point?

This might have been announced somewhere else already, but I for one am absolutely happy to hear this - both the Corsair and the late mark Spitfire could be the perfect canvasses for a future super detailing effort that won't be hard on the eyes in the scale of 1/24!! 

Cheers

Alan

Excellent.

Especially now as I am gradually switching over to 1/24 scale. I am not withdrawing from 1/32 scale but am simply adding the larger scale to my repertoire. Easy enough to do as so few new planes appear of that larger scale. 

It was on the What's New page for today, at the bottom.

Why a Spitfire XII? Not that it wasn't important, but it had limited squadron use. I suppose it could be converted into a Seafire XV though. I think a XIV would have been a better choice, but that's just me. Unless it's a typo.

The Corsair should make lots of people ecstatic!

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

Thanks Richard! How did I miss that!

I think a typo. Taking into account that VFS displayed a master for a XIV at Telford a few years back, it would seem strange to announce a XII. If I recall correctly, the XII equipped only two squadrons, so a XIV would offer a far greater scope for markings and options. I'm hoping for a XIV, but I shall email VFS later today.

As for the Corsair in 1/24......Superb!!

I thought VFS had been sold to Kinetic hence the P-47 moulds appearing under another label?

Would this be a co-operative venture between the two parties?

Enquiring minds like to know these things!

Either way a 1/24 Corsair and a late mark Spitty will go down very well in the world of modelling I think.

It would make economic sense to adapt the moulds for other marks as they went along, perhaps a Mk XII is just the first one?

Wow!  A big Corsair!  I've been thinking and wishing for a 1/24 bird for a long time.  Early or late version, I don't care, I'll buy it anyway, even if I'm already hurting for space,  Careful what you wish for as they say.  lol  Now, maybe a Hellcat.  Wishful thinking, I know.  Those two guys have been neglected long enough.  Hopefully they will keep it simple and not get carried away with all the internal stuff to make it more affordable.

I hope they do the big radial correctly this time, and not screw it up like they did with their P-47.

Well, if these kits do appear, and we all buy enough of them, who knows what VFS might produce next? A hellcat would be very cool! We just have to support them and buy the kits. I'm up for two corsairs and a least four Spits....if it's a XIV!

I would have bet the farm that we'd never see a 1/24th F6F before we saw a 1/32nd F6F.     But now Id definitely not take that bet!   Still cant believe we dont have a new tool F6F in 32nd.