Dragon/ AIMS 1/32 Messerschmitt BF110 G-4 2Z+GB Stab 1./NJG6..........Finished!!

monthebiff

Hi Andy - looking good there - make sure the MG 151s in the belly are angled inwards as per my drawings otherwise the ammo belts you make will not join the weapons - thanks for posting your work

John

Hi John, thank you for looking in on my build. You have put together a really nice conversion set and hopefully I can pull it off and do some justice to it. Resin/ Etch quality has been excellent so far as has the fit.

Currently trying to work out the best way to  fit the upper cockpit panel with all of the frame work incleded to ease final assembly and painting. Will take a bit of time to sort but will be worth it in the end.

Regards. Andy

Yes Andy always easier for me making a display model without painting. I would recommend trying to make as many painted sub-assemblies as possible - keep up the good work

The display model pictures are so helpful though John and probably a good sales too for you as everyone likes to see the resin they are buying if they can. Shame the old Ju 188 pics on your vendors board thread have gone after Photo bucket have had there way!! 

Andy check my instructions for the left side cockpit wall - you have added the early Shck 13 kit part which is not only wrong but will hit the ammo bin and not close - you need to use the latter part I have provided

Thanks for the heads up John but fortunately I noticed before the glue was dry and removed it. Also managed to get the oxygen regulator on the wrong ammo box in the same sitting  :doh:  all sorted now though.

Regards. Andy

Looking good Andy! I'm tempted to buy one, but currently knee deep in the Ju388 conversion and that's taking a lot of time and research to get right. Although I recon this one should be more straightforward.

Oh and Photobucket is a **** service for hosting pictures. There are much better and more permanent options out there.

Happy building,

Wouter

Looking good my friend. I hope to get one one of these days ! But I enjoy watching you nail it......Harv :popcorn:

Thanks for checking by Harv and great to have you on board!!. Its a pretty cool update and its nice to finally have a G-4 in 32nd scale.

Regards. Andy

Looking good Andy! I'm tempted to buy one, but currently knee deep in the Ju388 conversion and that's taking a lot of time and research to get right. Although I recon this one should be more straightforward.

Oh and Photobucket is a **** service for hosting pictures. There are much better and more permanent options out there.

Happy building,

Wouter

Thanks Wouter, I could'nt resist to start it immediately even though I have the 188 convesrion on the bench as well  :frantic: but on the 188 I think I am through the major fit/ build issue's to allow me to make a start on the 110!!

Regards. Andy

Not to much modelling time over the last week and what time I have had has been studying pictures and trying to work out the best way to fit the FuG 220 rack, first effort was pretty poor and just didnt look right to me.

20180117_192910.jpg

After a major re-think on this area I have ended up with this.

20180117_192833.jpg

20180117_192845.jpg

20180117_083910.jpg

A bit of tidying up to do but much happier now, next up I need to get the pilots roll hoop intergrated with this sub-assembly so I have it all as a sub assembly to fit after painting, pretty tricky but will pay dividends upon final assembly??

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Just caught up with this Andy, my you're a brave man being first in and showing the rest of us the pitfalls to watch out for!!  I'll be bookmarking your build and keeping a regular eye on developments.  I have to say the E that I'm building is really enjoyable, I'm expecting the G-4 to be even more so!

Max

Just caught up with this Andy, my you're a brave man being first in and showing the rest of us the pitfalls to watch out for!!  I'll be bookmarking your build and keeping a regular eye on developments.  I have to say the E that I'm building is really enjoyable, I'm expecting the G-4 to be even more so!

Max

Thankd for following along Max, I couldnt wait to get started on this one and find out how it all goes together! Not had to much bench time lately and working through getting the whole FuG rack, pilots roll hoop fully intergrated with the upper cockpit panel to aid the build sequence further along in the build. Slow pregress now but wiil pay me back later in the whole aasembly sequence later.

Regards. Andy