Dragon/ AIMS 1/32 Messerschmitt BF110 G-4 2Z+GB Stab 1./NJG6..........Finished!!

monthebiff

Thank you all for your comments and support on this build so far. Pretty happy with the way this is comino togther apart from dropping the ball a little on the serial code spacing a little but hey, its done now and totally down to me for dropping the ball as John does supply the code letters as one piece decals but I cut them up as otherwise there was an aweful lot of carrier in between the large code letters. 

With regards to the camo scheme I applied the mottle with a heavily thinned home mix of Tamiya acrylics applied through my Iwata Custom Micron, its just such a brillaint airbrush, expensive but perfect for such work. I found the trick to getting the mottle to look random rather than to uniform was to work in one area and then move away and start working on another area as I quickly realised it kept the pattern far more random.

Regards. Andy

So this week I havnt had to much modelling time but decided I needed to start preparing some of the sub assemblies ready for painting. First up I made a start on compleing the exhausts, previously I had spent ages on cleaning up and gluing the stubs on to the flame dampers which took forever as the quality of the flame dampers in my set where pretty poor with lots of air bubbles, flash and some heavy steps from the casting process to deal with. After getting a bit fed up with working on them I came back to drilling out the exhaust exits and it was not pretty as I expected with many more air bubbles coming to light.

20181010-135336.jpg

20181010-140259.jpg

As I said, all pretty ugly so I first filled the air bubbles with Squadron Green putty and smoothed with Tamiya extra thin cement. When dry I dipped the ends in Mr Surfacer 1000 and again when dry I cleaned everything up and this is what I have now.

20181011-195207.jpg

I then worked on the wheels which are supplied as weighted but at 90 degress to the contact patch but as the 110's wheels are angled I needed to sand and angle the sit of the wheel and also remove some bulge from one side of the wheel. Also brake lines added to the assembly and ready for paint.

20181010-160935.jpg

20181010_164834.jpg

20181011_212729.jpg

A few tedious bits and pieces sorted this week and time to get these painted now.

Regards. Andy

14 minutes ago, mozart said:

Hey Andy, do you want my exhausts since I'm using the Eberspachers, kind of exchange and mart since you sent me yours! :) 

Hi Max, After the pain I have had with these I am tempted to leave as is, but as you said to me the Eberspachers I sent you were not that great in quality compared to your set so I think it's worth a look. I will pm you my address shortly.

Regards.Andy 

With attention on some of the final sub assemblies I have made some good progress in readyness for final assembly, First off are the flame dampers now complete and painted.

20181020-110604.jpg

And then fuel tanks painted, decaled where needed and weathered.

20181020-135605.jpg

Aims prpos built up, painted and weathered.

20181020-135419.jpg

Made sure I remembered the overspary on the props as seen in 2Z+ GB as well as the the overspray onto the spinner back plate as well. 

Finally main landing gear and wheels painted up and all ready for installation.

20181020-152014.jpg

20181020-152151.jpg

Getting there with everything now, some work needed on the rest of the clear parts (open hatches) and then on to the dippoles and foward MG's next to complete the nose.

Regards. Andy