Dragon/ AIMS 1/32 Messerschmitt BF110 G-4 2Z+GB Stab 1./NJG6..........Finished!!

monthebiff

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your comments everyone, managed to get some bench time again after a couple of busy weeks/ weekends and built up and painted the Fug 220 dipoles which are a real pain to assemble. While looking at pictures of 2Z + GB I noticed that one of the lower antlers must have been replaced at some point as one is all black and the other side has red and white warning markings on it as you can see from the picture taken from Die Deutsche Luftwaffe Vol 3.

20181204-142929.jpg

20181204-185321.jpg

Also after studying pictures of exhaust stains on G-4's I slowly built these up with heavily diluted black/ red-brown paint mix.

20181204-205705.jpg

So I'm thinking I need to add all the sticky out parts now and add a light coat of flat varnish to knock back some shiny areas and then remove all the masking over the clear parts and fingers crossed I've had no paint seep in to the cockpit!!

Regards. Andy

On 12/5/2018 at 7:18 AM, mozart said:

That exhaust staining looks spot on Andy, it's all coming together very well indeed. 

Thank you Max, I'm always a bit of a stickler to try and get things like that as close as I can to the real thing!

Regards.Andy