Dragon/ AIMS 1/32 Messerschmitt BF110 G-4 2Z+GB Stab 1./NJG6..........Finished!!

monthebiff

I don't know how the mottle was applied in the factory on German aircraft but I'd bet that there wasn't a template (as used by the RAF for standardisation). That being said I'd imagine it was "freehanded" and down, within certain limits, to the bloke with the paint gun in his hand. It looks right to my eyes, and if you're happy with it then leave it as is! :)  Onwards and upwards! 

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions on the mottling work I posted over the weekend as it has been very helpful. It was a pretty large area to cover and keep consistent and after I iniyialy thought about adjusting/ adding to it I have taken everyones advice and left well alone as I will surely ruin it!  So next up I masked and painted the one black lower wing,.

20180913_164250.jpg

20180913_164322.jpg

Difficult to see in the pictures but its not actually black with various Tamiya colours used, pretty happy how it came out in the end, here are the colours I used all applied in lots of very thin layers.

20180913_160302.jpg

Time to get the Makatar masks out and spray the national insignia, I will be using the AIMS supplied decals for stencils and serial codes.

Regards. Andy