Dragon/ AIMS 1/32 Messerschmitt BF110 G-4 2Z+GB Stab 1./NJG6..........Finished!!

monthebiff

I'm glad that you're trialling this tricky sequence first Andy; your explanations, recommendations and supporting pictures are very clear. Keep it going my friend!!

Max

Its a lot of fun this one Max, as we see a few more of these WIP's appear I am sure there will be some better idea's to a few of the fit issue's I have found. Very happy with the progress so far though.

Regards. Andy

Well, Andy.....I don't know if I should kiss you or curse you.....my Dragon Bf-110 kit just arrived, so I guess I am no longer just considering following along virtually. LOL!! It will be a while before I can begin, as I need to finish the AEG diorama and I was supposed to be doing a Gotha next! Either way, I will have confidence knowing your build log is here to guide me.

Cheers from NYC,

Michael

Awesome news Michael and I'm sure you will be very happy with your choice once you get cutting some plastic and hopefully some resin also!, the Dragon 110 kits are superb but more imoprtantly which AIMS conversion set are you planning on using :hmmm:

Regards. Andy

Hi, Andy.....I go the same kit which you're using but as to which conversion????? Lots going on here and haven't even started working that decision yet. Only sure thing is that I want antenna sticking out the front and an interesting paint scheme. I guess that doesn't narrow it down much! LOL! I am trying to get the Aussies and the AEG diorama finished in time for the IPMS Regional but, as I refuse to rush, I doubt that will happen. Once I get the plane and at least a base finished, I may start on the Bf-110. Wow, that feels funny even typing....I don't think I've built any Luftwaffe aircraft since I did a commission job in 1978! But, change is healthy, right!

Cheers from NYC,

Michael

After a very productive day at the bench I now have all of the cockpit sub assemblies painted and ready for final assembly.

20180301_203420.jpg

20180301_203601.jpg

20180301_203835.jpg

20180301_204335.jpg

20180301_204434.jpg

20180301_204550.jpg

Pretty happy with the results so far, a day off tomorrow so looking to get the cockpit together and the fitted into the fuselage.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Terrific work, Andy! I must compliment you on the quality of your yellow painting, as it looks flawless!

Kev

Thank you Kev, I find yellow really difficult to get good even colour, severla thin coats seems to work best for me.

Regards. Andy

Wonderful work Andy, I should have reminded people in the instructions that Luftwaffe batteries are always black - I did not do this in the instructions sorry

Didn't check my references properly, had another look at the Hendon machine and yes John I see its black, to late now as I'm calling the cockpit finished now!

hopefully get it closed up and into the fuselage halves today.

Regards. Andy

Cockpit assembly complete today.

20180302_135007.jpg

20180302_135013.jpg

20180302_144953.jpg

20180302_135050.jpg

And then fuselage halves closed up.

20180302_135021.jpg

20180302_152034.jpg

Some good progress so far, shall let this dry and then fit the upper fuselage which I can hopefully do without making to much of a mess while I'm applying the glue and get a nice clean joints.

As always thanks for checking by. 

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff