Dragon/ AIMS 1/32 Messerschmitt BF110 G-4 2Z+GB Stab 1./NJG6..........Finished!!

monthebiff

Thoughtful work again Andy, so pleased you're the ground breaker on this and many thanks for documenting it so well. It certainly looks spot on now!

John, unfortunately if the Nachtjagd crews had waited till the bombers had dropped their load, they wouldn't have been fulfilling their role! Dangerous skies and very brave men on both sides, some of whom I've had the great honour to know.

Max

Hope it all goes well Andy, doesn't look like the space left between the weapons and the armour plate is wide enough for the C) 2 cradle so maybe the armour plate is indeed a little further back from the end of the kits canopy sill than I thought  - great job regardless

Think we are getting there now John, Studying pictures of the placement of the etched floor details I dint think I am a million miles away from what you have done, possibly I am a little further foward than yours but by not a lot so as you suggested the only thing I can really do is move the bulkhead backwards a liitle to fit the co2 cradle. All part of the fun of a conversion and loving every minute may say. 

Regards. Andy

While getting the SM gun angles and MG81 bin in the correct place previously I fixed the etched rear bulkhead in place with plastic card stiffeners, all very good I was thinking until it seems I need to move the bulkhead back a little to get the co2 cradle into place properly! So out with the razor saw and a nice new #11 blade I got to work.

20180202_155206.jpg

With the bulkhead removed everything was cleaned up and any detail removed behind, next I added a thin platic sheet skim to give a nice flat surface to work from as you can see above. After some careful measuring I found I needed to move the rear bulkhead back by 5mm to get the co2 tray to fit correctly.

20180202_203120.jpg

Added some plastic card stiffeners again and now have a nice strong assembly.

20180202_203506.jpg

20180202_203517.jpg

20180202_203755.jpg

Pretty happy with the outcome of my work today, its the best I can do but as John mentioned that short of getting in the thing and measuring we dont fully know for sure but its certainly a very tricky part of the build.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Andy,

The Schrage Musik installation looks good!  This is a very interesting area because I know so little about it

Thank you Gaz, 

I think we all know very little about it, very difficult to find really good photographic info about the whole installation with the guns in place.

Regards. Andy

Andy,

The Schrage Musik installation looks good!  This is a very interesting area because I know so little of it.

Gaz

It's rather ironic in that the existence of Schrage Muzik and the tactic employed to use it so effectively was, it's fair to say unwittingly, an "unrealised secret" during the war years, and it's secretive nature is still baffling us today!!!

Max

It's rather ironic in that the existence of Schrage Muzik and the tactic employed to use it so effectively was, it's fair to say unwittingly, an "unrealised secret" during the war years, and it's secretive nature is still baffling us today!!!

Max

Very Max, If only we could have some period pictures of the installtion proper, particularly the lower area.

That really is the bees knees Andy!! Brilliant work, looks just right.

Max

Thank you Max, held my breath and amazingly I just had one piec of PE fall off.A few little bits further of cockpit detal to do but otherwise I think I am close to some colour.

Regards. Andy

Andy

beautiful work on the front office .. PE detailing looks tremendous

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thank you Peter, pretty happy with the results considering I had to remove and rebuild some of it!

Regards. Andy

Needed a break from the cockpit work today after a week of head scratching over it so decided to  work on something a little less taxing. I thought I would clean up the replacement resin intakes.

20180203_165939.jpg

20180203_165804.jpg

The fit of both the kit radiators and the intake to wing is excellent so very happy, rear flap is from the Eduard exterior set.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff