Dragon/ AIMS 1/32 Messerschmitt BF110 G-4 2Z+GB Stab 1./NJG6..........Finished!!

monthebiff

Thank you all for your comments so far on the pre-shade stage of the paint scheme for my G-4. Managed to get the RLM 76 on today using a custom mix of Tamiya colours heavily thinned and applied in many many thin layers.

20180908_154835.jpg

20180908_155038.jpg

20180908_154854.jpg

20180908_154622.jpg

Next up I will concentrate on getting the RLM 75 mottle on, need to study some more pictures before before I go for it though as I want to get the pattern and coverage just right and try and keep it quite subtle.

As always thanks for you comments and support on this build.

Regards. Andy

On 9/9/2018 at 1:30 AM, Uncarina said:

Andy,

Great color and coverage! I’m with you on getting into the right mindset for the mottle.

Cheers,  Tom

Thanks Tom, pretty happy with the way the base coat turned. As usual the Tamiya a rica sprayed beautifully.

Regards. Andy

On 9/9/2018 at 5:06 AM, LSP_Ron said:

That's such a nice kit with crappy instructions.  You are doing it justice for sure!

Seriously crap instructions Ron that's for sure, not that I needed them to much due to the conversion set.

Regards. Andy 

10 hours ago, Padraic Conway said:

Very impressed with your painting Andy. Looking forward to seeing the finished item. Will you be taking it to Telford this year perhaps? ;)

Thanks for looking in Padraic, All bei g well it will be completed by then so would be tempted to take it if possible!

Regards.Andy

Spent today working on the RLM 75 mottle, had not been looking foward to this part of the build and spent a lot of time looking at pictures but still dificult to see the scheme as in most b/w pictures you just cannot see the mottle and the aircraft just looks white! So with a little artistic licence this is what I have ended up with.

20180910_164611.jpg

20180910_164720.jpg

20180910_164707.jpg

20180910_164750.jpg

Didn't think much to it at first but its growing on me now, interested to know peoples thoughts on the way it has turned out before I seal it in and move on to getting the markings on.

Regards. Andy