Dragon/ AIMS 1/32 Messerschmitt BF110 G-4 2Z+GB Stab 1./NJG6..........Finished!!

monthebiff

Wow Andy, looking good. Please enlighten me, how do you get those wires lined up so perfectly? Feeling pretty mediocre seeing that...  And those oxygen hoses, where are they from. Homemade? 

Can't wait to see more progress.

Cheers, Wouter

Hi Wouter, I quite deeply pre drilled all the holes and glued the wires in and left the CA to cure fully overnight and then bent each wire into position, I started bundling them together and when done flowed some super thin CA into the loom to keep it all together. With regards to the oxygen hoses I used a roll of material from an old Tamiya 1/35 88mm Flack gun, I cut to length and then push a length of copper wire into the hose so I can bend to the desired position and it keeps it's shape! Also used them on my Ju-188 build.

20171130_202332.jpg

Hope that helps.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

I agree!  Those wires look awesome.  Did you paint something on the center seat to give it that "sat-on" look?

Gaz

Thanks Gaz, the seat has just been cleaned up and glued into position, what you see is what AIMS supply in the upgrade set.

Regards. Andy

Just fantastic - sorry about the rudders everybody - hope not a big job. I was using scale plans and I really thought I had just made the stabilizers not very well and not finished off the borttoms of them

Shoudnt be to bad to be honest John, will probably build it up with plastic card and sand to shape.

Regards. Andy

I am following along here and am sincerely enjoying watching fine model building, and great communication, going on. As I have been pretty much involved with WWI, I was not aware of the AIMS offerings until I saw Aitor Azkue's JU-388 diorama and to say that my interest has been fired up would be an under statement. I'm sure you gents might have suggestions on build logs I might have a look at for that particular conversion. I'm not sure I really want to wade in at this point, but seem to already have one tow in the water. 

Cheers from NYC,

Michael

LSP is a great place to pick up new idea's and building tips Michael, really liking what you are doing on your AEG by the way. The AIMS conversion sets certainly allow us to build some interesting airframes.

Regards. Andy 

Absolutely, Andy! Ideas, tips, and, frankly, inspiration, at seeing the lengths folks will go to in research and building, to really get things right. And thanks for the kind words re: the AEG....I am really enjoying the process. On to the Taurus bits for the engines this weekend..no caffeine allowed!

Cheers from NYC,

Michael

Now I have all of the cockpit sub assemblies ready for some paint now, interested to see how they look under a coat of primer.

20180209_211937.jpg

I have ended up with some fairly complicated sub assemblies here, but for me it was the only way to do it and end up with everything fitting nicely together but the problem this brings will be some difficult areas to paint and weather..........should be fun!

Regards. Andy