Poll: The New Wingnut Wings Announcement will be...

ringleheim

WNW New Release Announcement  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What will the new WNW kit be (to be announced at Nürnberg)?

I would love a whole family of Nieuports. But that's not going to happen.

A whole family?  Maybe not.

One?  I think that is certainly possible.   It would be in high demand I believe. 

I really do wonder what their project selection model is these days.  It can't be purely what Peter Jackson wants.

First off, I doubt he has a lot of model making time these days, (LOL) and secondly, the company needs to break even and keep revenue high enough to stay afloat.

Every now and again they probably have to crank out a project designed to be a big cash cow in order to pay for the oddball stuff Peter wants.

I had the weirdest dream a few days ago that I received a WNW dogfight double kit with an RE8 and a Dr1. It was so vivid I txted my buddy Derek Davis as proof I had the dream!!

Model making dreams are great!

When I was a kid (maybe 13?) I had an incredibly vivid dream that I went into my parents' basement and every giant (at that time) aircraft you could buy was built and hanging from the ceiling.  It made a very impressive display and I can still picture how vivid and real the whole thing seemed.

It was like a B-52, 1/48 B-29, B-36 Peacemaker, stuff like that.  Big kits!  

It actually inspired me to buy and build a few big kits, including the Monogram B-24D and B-17G in 1/48 scale.  Pretty big kits.

Well, I just voted in my own poll, and went with the Dr.1

Sure, I'd love for them to do that one, but I have a gut feeling this is going to be it, b/c of the way they are pre-announcing the announcement of the project.

This doesn't seem normal and it gives me cause to believe it will be something special or what they believe the fans want.

That spells out Fokker DR.1 to me.

(And it is probably why it will probably be something entirely different!)

:hmmm:

Bleriot XI

Interesting suggestion; don't recall tons of Wingnutters discussing that aircraft.

Amati, the Italian wooden model ship builder, has had a Bleriot kit in 1:10 scale on the market for years.

Not sure if that would impact WNW's decision making model or what.

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/amati-bleriot.html

Edited by ringleheim

Bleriot XI

Interesting suggestion; don't recall tons of Wingnutters discussing that aircraft.

Amati, the Italian wooden model ship builder, has had a Bleriot kit in 1:10 scale on the mark for years.

Not sure if that would impact WNW's decision making model.

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/amati-bleriot.html

Im thinking that may (may) have some reacting unexpectedly like they did to the Taube;  with a possible lack of weapons, and some mildly lack-luster schemes, it might turn a few off.

I know a couple guys who started feeling that way on the Taube; hard to get motivated for whatever reason.   I could be way off base on that one though. 

Im thinking that may (may) have some reacting unexpectedly like they did to the Taube;  with a possible lack of weapons, and some mildly lack-luster schemes, it might turn a few off.

I know a couple guys who started feeling that way on the Taube; hard to get motivated for whatever reason.   I could be way off base on that one though.

They have always made kits like that. Some sell out immediately, some are still available years later

Richard

I agree that the Taube makes me think that the BE.2 is possible, so that's what I voted for.

What I would like to see is some Austro-Hungarian or French. My Holy Grail is a Hansa-Brandenburg D.1 Starstrutter. Yeah, I know, crazy.

Richard

That and WnW's dominance of British and German types that monopolize their product line, and for one exception could seem to show an aloofness to French variants, for which I am thankful to other manufacturers!

Otherwise, I would like to see  Caudron R 11, but not necessarily at their prices.

Edited by Gigant

The poll asks what you think WNW will do, not what you prefer.

Good list to start with but could use a few more choices. A number of the "preferences" stated in this thread that do not match your list have been showing up on this site for a few years. Maybe WNW has been looking?

I know I want a Jenny. I know it will not be a Jenny.

Whatever it is will be fun and worth considering. Branching out to other combatants would be could but there are plenty of fun options still available in their typical wheelhouse too.

I am willing to be surprised (like we had another choice 😂)

Zach