Posted (edited)

I'm about burned out on biplanes and T-28s right now, so as soon as I wrap up the last two T-28s in a week, I'm jumping in full bore on something completely different.

The short nose B-25 gets NO love and it in itself is one serious hunk of ground attack bomber. It had all the normal B-25 guns, plus 4 cheek gun packs that could be added at will, and a short, stubby nose section with four machine guns and also sporting a 75mm field gun that someone had swiped from a Sherman Tank. Not exactly accurate or fast firing, but fearsome nonetheless.

It also maintained all its bomber goodies, so it could and did first, blow up your airfield facilities and runways, then proceed to shoot everything else full of holes and light some seriously cool fires.

Of course, when Uncle Sam's Misguided Children found out about this thing, they had to get some for their very own. Once they did, they proceeded to fly around the South Pacific in their own special Marine version of this beast, and generally reap death and destruction wherever they decided to go.

I feel this version of the B-25 just screams MARINE CORPS, so in honor of all thos who Marines who never came home, this one's for you.

IMG_5062-L.jpg

Edited by Clunkmeister

I have all the PE I'll need, along with resin. I think I'll try to update to G-Factor gear if I can find them, and grab some Master gun barrels. Other than that, this should actually be a straightforward build.

I don't open stuff up, they're generally ready for flight, so I expect a trouble free build.

Posted (edited)

Mike, I gotta say, I had a Rumpler and DFW both out and couldn't decide.

Then I saw the book "Flying Leathernecks" and I remembered it's been 242 years and they're STILL "looking for a few good men", and the choice was easy.

Seriously, more Medal of Honor winners come out of that bunch of Hooligans than all others, so they gotta be honored.

When I saw the short nose available, a conversion set being available is what made me buy it.

Edited by Clunkmeister

Great project! :speak_cool:

Please remember that the conversion as is is for the CONUS training configuration only. Shortly after arriving in the field in the PTO the Marines removed the windows from the waist guns and the whole dorsal turret beside some other minor adjustments.

Have fun!

- dutik

Great project! :speak_cool:

Please remember that the conversion as is is for the CONUS training configuration only. Shortly after arriving in the field in the PTO the Marines removed the windows from the waist guns and the whole dorsal turret beside some other minor adjustments.

Have fun!

- dutik

I also believe they were single pilot only, with the former copilot area being reserved for gun servicing?

And that nose art, if applied, would be subdued and clandestine at best.