Ok I need your help...

npb748r

I'm not a completer finisher - I probably have more WIP models than completed however over the past 6 months I have lost my mojo - I pick up a box from the stash, open it, look it over and put it back. So I need your help and recommendation - 1/32 scale aircraft of any period but needs to be a quick and easy build and relatively cheap.  I'm an average modeller (way below the level of most on here that post pictures) most of my kits are rattle can sprayed (I have a cheap airbrush that is rarely used)  so emphases is on easy and quick build to get me back in the mood. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

thanks

neil

I'm not sure of your interests, but my fall back is the old Hasegawa Spitfire V. It's quite accurate in shape, the cockpit is detailed enough and there is no engine or internals to worry about. It builds easily and quickly and looks beautiful straight from the box.

It's once you start re-scribing and adding after-market that the build becomes something else...just don't go there. :)

Richard

I also am not familiar with your specific interests, but mine lean toward WW2 aircraft. So, when I think I've lost something and can't quite put my finger on it I seek my inspiration in other ways - looking at the work here on this and other websites, binge-watching Black Sheep Squadron, visiting an Air Museum (always take a camera) or an Airshow, going to Barnes and Noble and browsing books on modelling/fighter-ace stories/something with plenty of period photos. Oh and once you open the box of that next kit, turn off or put away the cell phone and tablet as well as other distractions. If your life is busy like mine then "make a date" with that next kit and put an hour for it into your calendar every couple days.

Think we all have been there.

As Alex mentioned, try a Hasegawa kit, no frills, just easy assembly and enjoy the finishing. How about a Bubbletop P-47, plenty of options.

I would also suggest to practice with the airbrush as it is a fun thing to use and the finish is much better, and learning new skills improves your modelling.

Good luck,
Cees

... Or do something in an area and topic that is nowhere near your main interests ...

Like, build a 1/24 car kit if you love airplane kits, or a tank . In my experience, the absence of self-inflicted challenge, to re-discover the simple pleasure of building a kit, is a great mojo restorer !

Hubert

thanks all for the feedback. Have been searching some of the suggestions on line and on an auction site - the X1 took my interest but can't find it for sale. Interestingly whilst looking for Bell X1 I came across the Airacobra, a plane I've never previously built.  Found special hobby and kitty hawk kits and like the look of it in Russian markings. Think you may have steered me to my next kit (unless you any significant negative feedback on these kits ??)

thanks once again

neil

Guest Peterpools

Just a suggestion;

Try to pick a relatively simple kit and build it OOB, so you won't get bogged down. Go with what's in then box and if need be, just add some seatbelts and a new set of markings and keep it at that. Also to add a bit more interest and maybe even a bit of a challenge; why not try learning to use your air brush on the kit as well.

All the guys on the forum are here to help and will be glad to help out.

Peter